Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Miss Kathryn - Prim And Gray

primitive cabinet, antique mall booth
Meet Miss Kathryn.

So gray.

So primitive.

So very me.

She belonged to another dealer's grandmother.

Wasn't her style.

She was regretfully selling her.

 


So I paid really real money for the simple pleasure of owning this beauty.






I will not sell her.

I am using Miss Kathryn in the small booth.

She is very practical.











I had to pull every single thing out of my booth to squeeze her in.

Then I had to get all this back into the booth.











Miss Kathryn has that farm fresh look.

I can spy white and turquoise under the gray.

Deliciously crackled.

This is her top cabinet.






And this is her bottom cabinet.

No paint on the inside.

Just tons of space.

I may line her with fabric and add a coat of wax at some future date.







As for now Miss Kathryn stands proudly with her load of treasures.

I am moving away from turquoise and pink for the season.

Leaning more towards gray and white.

With touches of silver and gold.






I do need to find some of the LED timer lights for the inside of the cabinets.

If you know where to find super-cheap ones let me know.







It looks like I need to mark some items down for clearance.

I despise dragging them back and forth.

Some items have made their way to the thrift store.










I see a peek of turquoise that needs to leave.


















One last look at Miss Kathryn from the aisle.

She looks right at home.

As you can see most of the pink items are out on my "front porch" area.


Thanks, Jerrell, for allowing me to buy Miss Kathryn and for letting me name her after your grandmother.


I love her.


Remember Riverfront Antique Mall is looking for vintage vendors, crafters, and artisans for the Holiday Extravaganza.  Applications must be completed by November 3rd.


If you are in the Georgia/Carolina area, you may be interested.

Go HERE for the details! 


See y'all!













Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 







Follow Me on Pinterest

Vintage Inspiration Party #156
Thrifty Life Thursday #37 
Share Your Cup Thursday #119 
Feathered Nest Friday 






We Call It Junkin

Lavender Garden CottageSavvy Southern StyleIvy and Elephants

22 comments:

  1. Fabulous cupboard! I have one of those stuck in my back room ready to make her debut somewhere in my house! So sad because there is no where right now! Love your booth too...wish I lived closer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Kathryn is exactly what I need for my overflowing vintage tablecloth collection!

    Try QVC for the lights. I have bought them from there before and they are awesome!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a classy lady! A real attention getter for your space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Miss Kathryn is a definite keeper! I love all the touches of gray and white and the little touch of turquoise is not to bad either...enjoy her! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an awesome cupboard. I've been looking for something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a similar, but larger cupboard in my dining room. It was given to me by my best friend's dear mother before she passed away. I call it the "Carol Cupboard" after her mother. Funny how they develop their own identities.
    World Market has LED's on timers for $14.99.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Donna, Miss Kathryn is a beauty.......love her!
    Your booth looks real good, too. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Kathryn is quite lovely and is a workhorse to boot! She looks perfectly perfect in the booth. Love the color scheme you're going with now....:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Kathryn is a beauty! I would have bought her too. Thanks for linking up at Vintage Bliss Tuesdays. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great piece Donna and it looks just perfect in your shop. I like how you have Miss Kathryn all dressed up ... she would look good with almost any style.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Miss Kathryn. She has an amazing patina. You can't fake that kind of aged beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great piece! It looks like she fits right in with the rest of your treasures~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miss Kathryn looks amazing on your both. I love how the turquoise paint is peeking through the grey.

    ReplyDelete
  14. SqueaLLLL! I love her. You paid real money? Well I can see that for this piece. When I get out of my pi's heading over there to see her, Olive

    ReplyDelete
  15. love all the gray and white touches... Miss Kathryn looks right at home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my my! Miss Kathryn is a real beauty for sure. I love her gorgeous patina, and the neutral treasures you entrusted to her are perfect! Thanks for sharing at VIP.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Donna, I love Miss Kathryn and i bet the real Miss Kathryn is smiling down from heaven at both you and her. The patina and choppiness is just perfect, she is a real doll! Thanks for sharing her with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Miss Kathryn is divine! Love the colors and patina! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Miss K is a beauty, and I love the white lovelies on top...You've been a busy girl! Hope your shops sell out fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great find! I love old farmhouse cabinets. Thank you for sharing it and you pretty pink table at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great weekend! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  21. Donna, you had a win/win here...a great piece, and being a great friend. Thank you for sharing this week at Revisionary Life Thrifty Life Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!