Thursday, December 5, 2013

Ornament Exchange Goodies

Christmas ornaments, tiny banner
Vicky at  Life On Willie Mae Lane    had an ornament exchange and now it is time to reveal the goodies we received..  

I was so excited to participate and eagerly set to work crafting a special ornament for my partner in France.

While at the same time, way across the country in California, Carol 
from Art and Sand  was carefully crafting some special things for me!

One day an envelope was waiting for me filled with a brown box with a pretty green ribbon and a French tag, two beautiful cards, a small stenciled bag.


In the muslin bag there was a rusty heart with lace and red jingle bells and Joyeaux Noel label.

I did not know who sent these but so far she had me pegged right

rust, lace, and French!

 





I am one of those people who take forever opening a gift.  Chucks was egging me on to open the brown box.

Open it, open it!









A tiny star banner with red baker's twine - more jingle bells!

What could the banner say?

Chucks helped me unroll it.  

It started with a "d" and "l". It ended with "o" and "j".

Was it some kind of French word?

What could it be?



 Finally I found a star with "to the" stamped on it.

We had the banner backwards!

Silly, silly Chucks and Donna!

Isn't this precious? 

I LOVE IT!




Here is the heart hanging from the tree.

It is the topper because it deserves that place of honor.

Carol told me the package was carefully carried around by her puppy.

So that is where those teeth marks on the envelope came from - puppy antics.

Thank you, Carol so very much for making my holidays brighter.

Merry Christmas to all!


By the way - my ornament traveled all the way to Brittany, France to Magali's cottage by the sea.  (The Little White House On The Seaside) 


See y'all


Part One of Horror Monster VS The Slash Room?  Read about it here!

 

Part Two of Horror Monster VS The Slash Room?   Read about it here! 

 

Part Three of Horror Monster vs The Slash Room?  Read about it here! 




See all the bottle brush trees at these posts:


Let The Bleaching Begin

Dying the Trees

Bottle Brush Trees on Corks

Bottle Brush Tree Joy

Bottle Brush Trees on Molds 

Bottle Brush Trees On Blocks 












Follow Me on Pinterest






Follow Me on Pinterest

Be Inspired #167 at Common Ground
Party Junk #216 at Funky Junk Interiors 
The Ornament Reveal at Life On Willie Mae Lane   with Vicky 
Shabbilicious Friday 
partyDwellings-The Heart of Your Home

16 comments:

  1. They're beautiful! I remember seeing that, so wish I'd participated now. I'm heading over to Magali's to see hers now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all so cute. I love that rusty heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! What great goodies you got :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you took photos because I totally forgot.

    I am glad you liked all the little bits.

    Now I have to get to France to visit with Magali.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that rusty heart is so perfect for you, and I love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! Love the gift you made and the one your received:) I did an ornament exchange too. I posted what I made but haven't received mine yet. "Diy clothespin ornament clips and pear stars from Etsy". I'm so excited:)
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every bit as beaufiful as I knew they would be! Carol is so artistic and I knew she would make something Donna worthy...:) Love it all....Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so pretty! I love the banner. The exchange was a lot of fun. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm now following you thru GFC and on Pinterest.

      Delete
  9. Everything is so incredible beautiful! I am in love with that sweet banner :) I am sure these lovely additions look wonderful in your home during the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I love everything you received from the ornament exchange!
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oo! Love them! Hasn't this been so much fun?
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  12. That banner is to die for! Love it all...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything was perfect for you it seems. It doesn't get much better than rust and lace in my book either. It's been fun seeing what everyone received in the ornament exchange. I also love the gifts you gave Magali...so sweet. I just saw your post about "Frozen Charlotte's". I'm sure Vicky and Magali loved theirs.
    Enjoy the rest of your Christmas Holiday!
    Blessings!
    Geneva

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carol made you a very nice ornament and giftie package. I enjoyed Vicky's swap and look forward to it again next year.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your gifts are just beautiful and such detail. I too love the banner. :)
    I do not have a blog of my own but love to visit you dear ladies through my daughters blog theenchantingrose.
    May you be blessed as you enjoy all your wonderful gifts.
    Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones. Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!