Monday, December 9, 2013

Frozen Charlottes Travel to Florida and France!


Frozen Charlottes, Christmas, ornaments
 Every reader knows how I love my Frozen Charlottes.  After signing up for the ornament exchange at Vicky's, I decided to make ornaments using three of the girls.

One would travel to Magali in Brittany, France. 
(The Little White House On The Seaside)

One would travel to Vicky (Life On Willie Mae Lane) in Florida.

And one would stay here with me and hang on the tree.




Materials:
*Vintage-looking paper
*Three Frozen Charlottes
(They all clamored to go - it was hard to choose!)
*Three small paper mache' boxes with window lids
*Bottle brush trees
*Mod Podge
*E-6000 glue
*Craft paint












Mod Podge the paper on the boxes.

















While the bottoms dried, I painted the lids with blue.

Then I added a silver glaze over both the lids and the bottoms.













 I attached a silver wire to the sides and secured it with small buttons. I used an eyelet on the holes so the wire would not pull through.

The Frozen Charlottes and bottle brush trees were attached with E-6000.

 

Yes, it is difficult to glue a one-legged doll to a small box.






Added some silver glitter around each opening.

Glued the lid to the bottom.














 A Carol  Of The Holly - on the back of each.


















I stamped the lids with "NOEL" and some stars.

Tied on a silvery tinsel ribbon.

Displayed them with a book of maps of Paris just in case one gets to go there!







 Hey, where did my sisters go?

Don't despair - this Charlotte will be prominently displayed on my tree.


















Magali and Vicky loved their ornaments.

 I had so much fun making them that I forgot to make extras for family and friends.

YIKES!

Back to work.



See y'all!



Part One of Horror Monster VS The Slash Room?  Read about it here!

Part Two of Horror Monster VS The Slash Room?   Read about it here! 

Part Three of Horror Monster vs The Slash Room?  Read about it here! 




See all the bottle brush trees at these posts:


Let The Bleaching Begin

Dying the Trees

Bottle Brush Trees on Corks

Bottle Brush Tree Joy

Bottle Brush Trees on Molds 

Bottle Brush Trees On Blocks 





Follow Me on Pinterest

Knick of Time Tuesday #116
Be Inspired #168 at Common Ground 
The Cottage Market Presents Junkin' Joe 



Shabbilicious-Friday Christmas
The DIY DreamerWe Call It JunkinIvy and ElephantsLavender Garden Cottageparty</

14 comments:

  1. Donna, they are so pretty! You should make some for your booth, too, they'd sell for sure. Have a good week - Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay..you know how I feel about the frozen Charlottes, but even I have to admit those are darn fine ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the frozen Charlottes as ornaments! I think the bottle brush trees warm them up a little. Putting a carol on the back was a stroke of genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Donna; Those frozen Charlottes are just plain Lovely, made into Christmas Ornaments!!!!
    You Always have the Best ideas!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sunny, for being such a loyal reader. Though I cannot thank you by email, I read all your comments!

      Delete
  5. I love it! My Charlotte is famous...:) And I spotted her right there on the right in the photo of all three! I love that we all three have one and each year, we will think of this first ornament exchange and each other...:) Thanks again my friend! Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my Charlottes as well...I also love what you did with them for Christmas. Very cute idea.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love mine and I can't wait for the tree to be up to hang it in a place where it'll catch the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, these are adorable!! I love shadowboxes and Charlottes, what a great paring! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing this at We Call It Olde. I'm so glad you join each week and really appreciate it :) - Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your blog. I'm your newest follower (number 352) and will be back often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love Frozen Charlottes too, and I love what you've done with them. I wish I had been in your ornament swap-lol! I am following you, but I will have to visit more often. I would love for you to link up this post with my Inspired Sunday blog party - www.sundayview.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!