Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Horror Monster VS Slash Room Part Two

The Do-Si-Do of Moving Day

Organizing clutter
It was a Friday.  

It was moving day in the slash room.

Horror Monster was not going to get in the way.

I gathered my troops: Chucks, Calvin (my all-around helper), and the two dogs (Willie and Scout - the cats napped the entire day).



The card tables came down from the attic to place stuff while we rearranged the furniture.



 Oh, that's where that desk was hiding!

I gave orders left and right. 

The dogs barked encouragement to all.

The large pieces would remain in the room as we rotated the furniture around the room.


My idea and I was not going to budge!




 My computer desk was carefully placed in the center of the room out of danger - I hoped.

Soft goods and storage boxes were stacked high on the bed.










Great Gopher Guts!

That is my living room.


All that was in a 12 X 14 bedroom and it filled a large living room!?!


I gave a silent prayer I would find a place for all this junk, stuff, & treasure. 






 When we had filled the living room, we started down the entrance hall.


Chucks and Calvin were doubting my sanity at this point.  

BUT they knew not to say a word - just keep on keeping on.


Donna is the boss.






 The slash room creeping towards a finished look.


The Arlette bookcase was moved so many times, it became jumbled.

Didn't lose or break a single thing!








 The bed shifted to the opposite side of the room.

The file cabinet hanging out by itself.

Willie and Scout running all around and through the furniture - more fun than the dog park.











 Hey, a clean spot, a clean spot.


Quick - take a picture.

Chucks and Calvin are believers now.

They see a faint light at the end of the tunnel.


I let them stop for lunch.

For ten minutes.



 My wall is NOT this funky shade of blue - the sunlight coming in the windows was very bright.

Do not make fun of my 1950's light switch covers - I love their pure tackiness.











 Chucks and Calvin hung the chalkboard which has been living behind the pantry door for two years.


It took one picture hanger, one nail, two eye hooks, and one piece of wire.

Oh, one blank wall.















 The computer desk and the file cabinet tucked into their corner.

The Lowery Blue desk right inside the door.












There's Arlette - 
 She is now the headboard for the bed.

Can you spy  the little nook behind her?

Okay.

At this point, we did a few more things and quit for the day. 

The major pieces were in place.

Distressed Donna was not so distressed.

Chucks and Calvin were worn out.

The dogs were still very excited.

The cats were still napping.

I was still trying to figure out how to clean the living room in time to put up the tree.

THE TREE!

YIKES!

Don't worry.

The slash room is completed.

Definition of slash room:  computer/craft/guest room!


Come back for the final installment.

THE REVEAL


See y'all!


Did you miss Part One of Horror Monster VS The Slash Room?  Read about it here!


See all the bottle brush trees at these posts:


Let The Bleaching Begin

Dying the Trees

Bottle Brush Trees on Corks

Bottle Brush Tree Joy

Bottle Brush Trees on Molds 

Bottle Brush Trees On Blocks 












Follow Me on Pinterest

The DIY DreamerSavvy Southern Style

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys got a lot done and I can't wait to see the final reveal. Nothing feels better than tackling a project like that and having it completed...very rewarding! Have a great rest of the week, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed.....that you even let Calvin and Chucks stop to eat! No seriously, I cannot wait to see the reveal! I imagine you make a very good supervisor...but I think I'll pack some snacks when I come visit..just in case I don't get a lunch break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a real taskmaster Donna, but I guess you have to be when taming horror monster. I'm surprised your cats napped through it all, ours would have to be right in on the action. They're pretty nosy like that. I know it must be awesome to be kicking horror monster out. You should be feeling very proud of yourself right about now. Can't wait to see part 3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Huge project. It's a good thing you took charge and got the troops working. Love the little nook you created behind the bed. Great idea. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good going Donna ... your progress is looking good. Like that you created a little nook behind the headboard.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!