Friday, December 20, 2013

A Deconstructed Christmas - Day

Christmas, decorations, trees, ornaments, primitives
 I decided in the middle of November to have a deconstructed Christmas this year.  

What is a deconstructed Christmas?

Well, there are some trees.

There are some lights.

There are some ornaments.

They are just not all together.

There are little vignettes of Christmas around the den.

I tend to love primitive stuff and warm rich colors.






I left out all my toolboxes and caddies and buckets and aluminum molds 

And of course, the sheep stayed out.

I just threw in a vintage Christmas thing or two and piled the lights in colanders and baskets.

All in a deconstructed way!

I'll stop talking and let you enjoy the look.














You knew there would be a truck with trees.




One whole corner. 

Deconstructed!


A fat, jolly, old elf.



Cookie cutters in a sieve.



Vintage reindeer frolic.


Christmas at the barn.






A star on the star.


Santa convention in the old drill box.




Caroling around the old milk bottle.




I will have to explain - that is a black cat goblin dressed as Santa with his Christmas pumpkin.

No, you are not seeing things!


I have three of the little drunken Santas.

They are my favorites.
So what was your favorite?

The greatest thing about a deconstructed Christmas is not having to drag twelve bins of Christmas stuff down from the attic.

Instead of one big tree, there are several small ones.

I used most of the things that are out all year round.

Less packing up after Christmas.

Will I deconstruct more next year?

I just might.

It was fun to create and I have enjoyed looking at all the small details.

Next I will post the deconstructed Christmas at night.

See y'all!


See all the bottle brush trees at these posts:


Let The Bleaching Begin

Dying the Trees

Bottle Brush Trees on Corks

Bottle Brush Tree Joy

Bottle Brush Trees on Molds 

Bottle Brush Trees On Blocks 














Follow Me on Pinterest

Junkin Joe at The Cottage Market
Party Junk #218 Salvaged Junk Stars at Funky Junk Interiors 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage  
Sunday Show Off Linky Party at Twigg Studios  


Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home

5 comments:

  1. This is so cool, Donna! And what a creative idea! Maybe you should invite everyone to your house this holiday season to shop these wonderful items. After all, a junker should be willing to sell anything she has. lol! Merry Christmas, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great idea and everything looks wonderful! But...I'm kinda sad about the sheep being excluded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drunken Santas are good I Think. Cats as Santas as something else oh I am confused. I do like the santa convention in that box we found. I like it all. Deconstructed is good. You and Chucks have a Happy Christmas. Me and the fur kids are resting today-yesterday we raked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of it. It has my thinking of new ways to decorate next year! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very funny and still Christmas-y. The cookie cutters do whisper "Christmas is here" to my ears.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!