Thursday, November 21, 2013

Bottle Brush Trees on Molds



Christrmas, bottle brush trees, aluminum molds
 Most of you know how I love my collection of aluminum molds.  Normally I would not use them in a craft, but have you seen what Carlene is doing over at  Organized Clutter ?

So I decided if I was already downsizing my collections, I might as well use the little molds with some of my bottle brush tree forest.


And I love them!











I used gesso to cover the aluminum - it took two coats.














 I selected the pink and turquoise trees.


Oh, gosh, I cannot believe I painted my molds.  There is no turning back now!


NOTE:  I did not use any molds with the brand name on them so no Royal or Jello molds were harmed in the making of this project.









 For that extra bit of excitement, I glued the trees with E-6000 to the molds.

They are cute  . . . 

BUT not cute enough.













 I took off for Hobby Lobby for some Snow-Tex though I know good and well there is a couple of jars of this somewhere in Horror Monster.

Slathered it around each tree base and over the trees.

NOTE:  This stuff takes overnight to dry completely.  Plan accordingly.









 NOTE:  Take off your favorite sweater before applying the Snow-Tex to the trees. 


This is what I looked like when I thought to look down.

Yikes!








I added a bit of pink lace around the bases.



 After the Snow-Tex dried (and no, I am not paid to keep repeating the name), the aluminum mold trees were styled in a silver bowl with a few glass bottles.

Give me points for remembering.  

If you look close I even added some fake snow in the bottom.

Yes, there is at least one more post on the bleached bottle brush trees.

Yes, they are currently available at Riverfront Antique Mall in North Augusta, South Carolina.

Yes, I would appreciate you buying one or many.


GUESS WHAT!?!?!?!


The first week in December, I will be revealing my new craft/computer/guest room in a three-part series:  

Horror Monster Versus the Slash Room


Get your tickets early now.


See y'all!

 

See more on bottle brush trees at these posts:


Let The Bleaching Begin

Dying the Trees

Bottle Brush Trees on Corks

Bottle Brush Tree Joy









Follow Me on Pinterest

Party Junk #214 at Funky Junk Interiors
The Cottage Market Presents Junkin Joe Every Friday
sunday show off linky party at twigg studios 

One More Time EventsDwellings-The Heart of Your Homeparty

17 comments:

  1. Do I get my ticket at a discounted price for being the first commenter? LOL...;) Those are adorable....as usual! I am sure they will sell quickly! I am so excited about the reveal! Hopefully I will have a spare room reveal next week some time. Can't wait!
    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another take on molds. Good one. Did you see the unpainted molds with a few additions at the 10 o'clock position to make wreaths. They were great and I can't remember who did the work.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this project! And I have everything I need to make some. Guess I'll be up late!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are soooo cute!!! I love bottle brush trees. I think they're my favorite...needless to say, I have a bunch.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure do have your creativity cap on this holiday season! They are so adorable!!! Can't wait for your reveal! You are one busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a super idea to use your molds. Your trees look sweet on them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! So cute and the added snow really cutes the up a level! I'll take a VIP pass to the reveal...will their be "special" appetizers??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'll stand in line for the reveal if I need to, but I'll take my tickets now please. Love these trees, and I'm so glad you didn't harm any actual jello/royal molds with this project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Donna.

    I am the person who sent you the package for the ornament exchange. As I just told Vicky when she said that I didn't include a card, I have several excuses so I will use all 3.

    1. I was not feeling well the day I packaged up your ornament and was sitting and resting in between working.
    2. I was lying down on the bed and heard our 5 month old puppy playing with something outside. She had gotten the package and was trying to open it. I don't know if you noticed the teeth marks on the envelope.
    3. Last Saturday I turned 65 so I am officially an old lady and you know, old ladies often forget things.

    I hope you like the items. I did not want to go out and buy anything. It isn't because I am cheap, but because I have so many supplies so I challenged myself to use things I had.

    I meant to include a card that said to be really careful taking the little Joy To The World garland out of the box because the wire gets caught on the string.

    Either you were careful and it is fine OR you are cursing me for sending the darned thing because it is all tangled up. I know that it can be untangled because I first put it in the cutest polka dot bag, but I changed my mind and getting it untangled had me questioning the design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna ... you have been so creative with your bleached bottle brush trees and I love all that you do.
    Keep the great ideas coming.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute! How clever- I have some molds (and limited culinary skills) so this might be a good option for me lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute! And creative too.....wish I could try them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute craft! Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great crafts, thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays,,, featuring and pinning this week at the blog hop...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another adorable project, Donna! I've never used Snow-Tex...but I will now! ;)

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  16. Molds are multi-cellular (consist of more than one cell) filamentous fungi usually having a fuzzy or cottony soft appearance when they grow in areas in your homes. They may be white, dark or in any color. They produce spores usually asexually and in large numbers which means they arise and inherit from a single parent. Asexual reproduction is the primary form of reproduction for single-celled organisms such as bacteria and fungi. They are light, resistant to drying and can easily spread through the air and contaminate any areas.
    More often, a moldy smell might be the only clue that there is a hidden mold growth away from your house. Never ignore mold odors if you can't see any mold or else this might be the main reason of illnesses within your family. You should thoroughly inspect your home before any mold problems get worse. You can find out how to inspect your house for mold at certified mold inspection

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!