Saturday, December 21, 2013

A Deconstructed Christmas At Night

Christmas decorations
Yesterday I posted about my deconstructed Christmas in the den during the day.

However, it really comes alive at night with all the lights and candles glowing.

So warm and cozy.

I love just sitting with a dog or cat in my lap reading and listening to Christmas music.

It is the calm center of hectic days getting ready for Christmas Eve.

Enjoy!










White lights and Jello molds.
















A small vintage tin with the colored lights.



















The star colanders look delightful with the white lights at the bases of the trees.















Tiny chairs awaiting snowmen to come and sit.















The den mantel layered with Christmas with the birdcage lights in the corner.

















Santas and snowmen and reindeer and sheep gather with baskets of lights to make them glow.








The only thing I forgot?

A place to put the gifts!

As for now, they are in the back bedroom and will make their appearance for the family party on Christmas Eve.

I have a few more things on my list.

See y'all!


See all the bottle brush trees at these posts:


Let The Bleaching Begin

Dying the Trees

Bottle Brush Trees on Corks

Bottle Brush Tree Joy

Bottle Brush Trees on Molds 

Bottle Brush Trees On Blocks 













Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday Show Off Linky Party at Twigg Studios


Dwellings-The Heart of Your HomeLavender Garden Cottage

6 comments:

  1. Looks so peaceful ... love the old red barn where the sheep are. Next, your big wooden star shows up nicely against the curtain. Gotta make me one of those.
    The star colanders look so pretty with the lights. I have seen those used for shades on lamps/lights. I enjoyed your pretty corner.
    Christmas Blessings.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures


    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is all so beautiful!! I can't decide which I love more...the lights on the tin molds or the lights coming through the colander! Nice job Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I love the idea! I will have to try this next year. I have used jello molds as votives. This is simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How quaint and so appealing for your holiday festivities! Well done, Donna! Looks like an ideal place for the Christmas elves to show up - small chairs awaiting all! That special Christmassy glow really brings back fond childhood memories. This is the one time of the year when our inner child is shining through and you've done a splendid job of expressing yours! Merry Christmas, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something so magical about Christmas decorations all aglow at night. And your vintage finds, among the seasonal décor, makes everything even more special. ;)

    By the way, I also find it quite relaxing to just sit and take in the holiday beauty.

    Hope your season is filled with love and laughter!

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband loves the lights of Christmas. He has been turning on our outdoor lights at 4:00 p.m. and the Christmas tree by 4:30. The house is cozy and ready for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!