Thursday, March 3, 2016

Meeting Linda in Madison

meeting blog friends, vintage shopping, Madison GAI gave you a glimpse of the treasures found in Madison in last week's Friday Finds (HERE).

BUT the best treasure was meeting Linda of A La Carte.

We have similar tastes in junkin'.

We shared pet stories and the grief when one passes.

We shared family stories and the strength we need for caring for family.

We shared stories of great finds and the tales of the one that got away.

 






Linda and I were both mauled by a nasty ghoul at the Madison Flea.

We did not mind since the many well-stocked booths caught our attention.

Halfway down the first aisle, we abandoned our "no cart" rule and started filling the cart with vintage finds.

We had lunch at Madison Produce.

Followed lunch with trips to sister antique malls, Fleas An' Tiques and The Junque Korner.

Both being fans of Chip and Joanna Gaines, we browsed through High Cotton - a blend of new and old vintage-y decor items. 

I know Joanna would have bought quite a few things for their latest project.






While upstairs in Fleas An'Tiques, I found this adorable birdhouse constructed from an old silver tea pot and tin ceiling tiles.

Quite creative.

The spout is the perch!










See Linda's post on our trip here:  Simplify #4 and More!!


So on tomorrow's Friday Finds I will show off the items I bought from Linda.

Her downsizing is my downfall.


See y'all!











My Etsy shop is on vacation so I can clean up a bit and clear out items lingering too long.






Follow Me on Pinterest

10 comments:

  1. What fun to meet and be with other bloggers. Looks like you'll found some fun places to shop. Thanks for taking us along.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky ladies to have a great day together! Looking forward to seeing the finds. I enjoyed Linda's post earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had such a great time! Thanks for meeting me in Madison! I can't wait until we meet up again for another day of thrifting and talk!!!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you were able to get together with Linda. Looks like a fun day.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Her downsizing is my downfall" LOL!!!
    How fun...but please stay away from Michael Myers.
    I think that's him, from Halloween? He's a nasty thing.
    Can't wait to see more treasures tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I'm just down right jealous, two of my favorite bloggers meeting without me!!! I'm so glad that you got to spend time with each other and I know you had so much fun. Love that bird house.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you and Linda had a great day. How wonderful to meet another blogger and have a junkin day to share. Can't wait to see what you found. Love that birdhouse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun you had...wish I could have been there with you both! Can't wait to see what you got! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you guys had a great time and what fun to meet up with a fellow blogger!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!