Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday Finds

thrift stores, vintage finds, old books
Bits and pieces along with some furniture.

Love these pedestals.

The one in front has damage so I am thinking I will further distress them.

The wood is not as nice as it looks.





A large white mixing bowl. 

The quilt is not really old, but is soft and has a lovely fabric.












The brush in the gray basket was sitting just like this at the thrift store.

Who could resist the composition?








I have been waiting for half-price day in hopes no one wanted the white rack.

SCORE!

It folds.

Needs nothing.

Two baskets.

Need paint.

A copper planter.

Needs something.




Great graphics on the box.

The back is all in Chinese.









And inside a hand-painted kite with all the pieces.











 It says Journal.


BUT ...












It is really a ledger!













I was quite taken by the windmill plate (JAPAN). 

BUT ...

I chipped the back edge.

GRRRRR!





The white ironstone bowl has a pale lavender design - no markings.

The blue sponge ware crock is Roseville.









I did not decorate for Easter.

I did buy a bunny cake mold.

A yellow tin tole  bowl.

A black cage.







Bought another box of books.

A couple of textbooks.

Laugh Day by Bennett Cerf.

A humorist I was taken with in my youth.







A textbook from the 50's with illustrations ready for framing.

I will scan - not tear the pages out.















A big book about steam.

Great charts and graphs.









 

Gas Tables

Filled with - what else - gas tables.

Another scanner.









Since I am going to set up at the farm sale, I need some farm books.

1927, 1931, 1933 Yearbook of Agriculture.

Great graphs, tables and old photographs.


Yes, scanning before selling.




 
A few of these items will be at Magnolia Ridge.











See y'all! 


 











Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA16

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

Party Junk #323
Show And Share No. 307   

giveaways
The Cottage Market Thrifty Rebel Vintage

15 comments:

  1. Hey Donna,
    One thing is for sure....if it's out there, you are going to find it!!!
    Great finds.
    Sure wish I could make it to the Fair.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're really going to knock it out of the park at Magnolia Ridge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do find the most interesting things! Love the journals and books. I'm hoping to make that sale!!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess we can make bunny cakes together! I love old ag books. I have one from 1912 and it has the most beautiful illustrations. Great find on the journal/ledger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be glad to take the ironstone bowl and the old books off your hand, madam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those pedastals. They'd be great in my garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to go hunting for treasures today, but my car entered the shop and may not be home until tomorrow late or Monday! There go my plans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds, Donna--those pedestals do look pretty great in the photos. Love the bunny cake tin, yellow toleware bowl, and that medical illustration--that's marvelous. Hope you have a lovely Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stuff Donna ...the pedestals would be my favorite. I bet the bottom of that one could be repaired.
    Happy Easter.
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the journal! If you are making the ephemera packs like we talked about a scan of those pages would be a nice addition!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Friday Finds are always such great finds, Donna! I always enjoy seeing the interesting bits and pieces you manage to source and wish I lived closer. Hope you're having a wonderful Easter weekend! Tania at FARRAGOZ ~ Online Courses in The Art of Patina

    ReplyDelete
  12. the journal is a great find! Other things too - but love ledgers :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What interesting finds! I like that yellow quilt even though it is not old.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just popping back in to say thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. Still loving those pedastals!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!