Saturday, March 12, 2016

Bermuda Sand Or Is It?

table make over, distressed painting
Remember this ugly brown plasticized wood table?

Time for a make over.

The base is heavy duty plastic.

A light sanding all over.






A coat of white chalk paint.

Not enough depth of color or texture for me.












Chose a random green from the stash.












A coat of gesso all over.















Regular readers know how much I love my Bermuda Sand paint.

I ran out.

 



Chucks saw the empty paint can and DUMPED it!!!

Before I took it to be matched.

The guy at the paint counter mixed four different Bermuda Sand colors from different brands.

This is what I ended  up buying.

More beige tone white than sand.

It'll do until I find my own true Bermuda Sand.



It did dry more white than I thought it would.













Finished with a light sanding and a satin varnish. 














That's the finish I was looking for!


It sold right away.







Don't forget to mark your calendars for the annual Magnolia Ridge Antiques and Art Gathering!







See y'all!













My Etsy shop is on vacation so I can clean up a bit and clear out items lingering too long.






Follow Me on Pinterest

Amaze Me Monday #154
Show And Share No.305 
Talk Of The Town #11 

Join Us for Share Your Cup  

Let's Talk Vintage Link Party

7 comments:

  1. You are just so amazing at these makeovers! Cute table, well once you finished it!!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you are able to match the color eventually. Your fast sell is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! Would love to be in Ridge Spring for the fun! I wish I could go to that Primitive store again! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timely post Donna and I hope I learned something from you. I am getting ready to paint a table that has a laminated top and that will be a new one for me. I really don't know where to begin. It is slick and shinny and light sanding did not do anything to it. Hope I can make it look good. Always appreciate your good information.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He dumped your paint can??? Shouldn't you call a divorce lawyer???

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just know what to do Donna? Easy to see why it sold so quickly! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the transformation of the table.

    We appreciate you sharing at SYC each week.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!