Friday, March 4, 2016

Friday Finds


vintage finds, cobalt glass, blog friends
I promised and here it is - the trove of treasure I bought from Linda at A La Carte.

The thrill of the hunt is sometimes surpassed by the thrill of someone shopping for you.



Linda is purging her collections and asked if I would be interested in them.

For several weeks she would send pics for me to choose.

Of course if you read her blog, you know it would not be Linda without a piece of pink McCoy pottery.

A pair of black glass creamers.

The blue sugar and creamer with the black rims are darling.




Then there are the cobalt blue cousins. 

Dinner service for six with a sugar and a creamer to match.







Three creamers of various sizes.

A small bud vase.

A pair of S&P's.
















Two serving plates and a small bowl.



















Amber glass candy dish with the lid intact.

Two green sherbets.















A large family of kitchen tools.

My favorite is the aqua pot strainer.

Or it might be the tiny measuring scoop in the middle.









A whole clan of creamers.

Chicken S&P's.

Leaf dishes - probably bridge ash trays.












Bulova clock radio twins - fraternal, not identical.

Probably born mid-1960's.

Yes, they work.

I was able to pick up three AM stations clearly.

Both do have snooze buttons.

There was another box of assorted trays and other items.





When bloggers meet, you know there will be presents.

Linda's gift to me was so special it brought tears to my eyes.


She gave me several photographs of her paternal grandmother. (She had duplicates.)

So from baby ...

To young girl ....







To beauty queen of Ottumwa, Iowa ...
















To a young woman with beautifully marcelled hair,

I present Miss Emmagene Sinclair.



Thank you so much, Linda.  I will treasure these.





See y'all!









My Etsy shop is on vacation so I can clean up a bit and clear out items lingering too long.






Follow Me on Pinterest

Amaze Me Monday #153
Show And Share No. 304 
The Creative Muster ​Link ​Party​​

Talk of the Town #10

Share Your Style #56 

 

Join Us for Share Your Cup 

 
Let's Talk Vintage Link Party


Dagmar's Home Thrifty and Vintage Finds link party

18 comments:

  1. What gorgeous photos from Linda! I also like the cobalt glass. xoxo su

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet gift from Linda. Her grandmother was quite beautiful. sb

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom used to have that pot strainer except hers had a green handle. Don't know what happened to it. LOVED it! Wish they still made them. What fun shopping at a friend's house!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dealer friends and I buy for each other quite a bit. We also recently started trading items that seem to do better in each others separate malls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad my treasures found a new home with you! I know you will sell some and keep some. I would not share those photos with just anyone, but I KNEW you would treasure them. She was a beauty wasn't she. Oh, and I've already started another small pile of things for you...photos soon.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those pictures are so sweet, what a great gift! She certainly was beautiful :o)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swooning over so many of your item's from Linda !! Please get your Etsy shop reopened soon , I'm having Donna withdrawal !!
    Happy a wonderful weekend my friend , TT & Yogi 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Emmagene was stunning! You got some wonderful things from Linda. I'm feeling a bit jealous of all the little creamers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great treasures! How nice for Linda to let go so you can have them all. Love the series of pictures of Emmagene. So special!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The leaf dishes can be used for candy or nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stuff Linda offered to you. The photos are really special and even more special that she shared them with you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cobalt glass is my favorite. I love the creamers and the shakers! You always find such delightful things, and I love living vicariously through you! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How enjoyable to see all of the treasures. The cobalt blue glass is such a lovely shade of blue and always catches my eye whenever I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my goodness! Those cobalt pieces are fabulous. I have never seen blue salt and pepper shakers like that.

    Thanks for sharing at SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Amazing gifts... Wonderful for us to look at, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw Linda's post all about your fun time together. You sure came home with a load of fabulous goodies. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Talk of the Town.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great fun! Love all your cobalt blue finds...so pretty!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!