Sunday, March 20, 2016

Quickies - In The Pink!

Rit Rose Pink dye, quick makeovers, tags, ribbons, clothes pins, book pagesThis Sunday's Quickies post is brought to you by the color Rose Pink - Rit Liquid Dye.








First up are wooden clothes pins - bare wood, no varnish.
















A big stainless bowl filled with hot water and Rose Pink dye.

Keep stirring the pins around to dye evenly.

I kept them in for about five minutes.







Next  torn French dictionary pages. 

A quick dunk - flipped front to back and out of there.












Drying on the screen outside.

I placed another screen over the top to keep the pages from blowing away.







I continue to dye as long as there is dye in the water.

Torn cotton ribbons soaking wet.

They dye better wet.






The dye looks stronger than it is.

Cloth soaks for about ten minutes.

Stirring to get into every crevice.









There was still dye in the water.

So I tossed in a handful of shipping tags - six at a time.

Stir these while creasing with a metal spoon to create distress marks.







Then out to a screen to dry in the sun.











The pages dried to a pale pink.















The clothes pins are more rosy.














Ready to use in various projects.

About forty minutes from prep to drying stage.

The cloth and the tags take the longest to dry.  

Plan on a couple of hours.





A sneak peek on what will happen to the pink tags.











A few of these projects will be at Magnolia Ridge.







See y'all!









Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA16

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

Amaze Me Monday #155
Show and Share No.306
Talk of the Town #12   

giveaways

Thrifty Rebel Vintage

12 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,
    What a great idea! I've never thought of dying tags or paper. You are so clever!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun! I love to see the PINK!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see how all this lovely pinkness turns out. I've tea stained a few things but never dyed anything. I'm going to have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I throw in whatever I can find when I have dye in a bowl too...I love all your pink. Tuula will have a fit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh... it all looks so pretty in pink. I am having a fit over those pinktastic french dictionary pages. Love it all. I really need to try dying stuff. It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a lot of fun Donna. Excited to see what you do with everything. The clothespins turned out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never was into pink but in the last year I have fallen in love with it! Never thought of doing my cloths pins pink. Do you think they would drip pink if used on an outside cloths line? Looks like you are enjoying yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the pretty shades of pink. Thanks for sharing your tutorial at Talk of the Town.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!I love your pink project! Thanks for sharing great tutorial!
    Have a Happy Easter!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Donna! Just popping back in to say thanks for sharing these pink lovelies at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all looks so pretty, I love pink! I haven't dyed anything in a long time... I may have to try it on something now!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!