Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Habitat Habit


Finds, Habitat Restore
I have a habit and I have it bad.

The habit of twice weekly trips to the Habitat Restore.



If you are lucky to have one near you, you know what I mean.

Like this transom window from an old house.

Someone painted it brown and yellow which is fine with me.

Now available in Booth W-10.




The red ladder would be perfect for hanging swimsuits to dry this summer.

An old rake - I need the head.

The two troughs.

Not the radiator water can I spy under the boxwood.  I was busy turning everything over before rain came.







A coffee can filled with faucets.














A lovely basket.

A doll - I saw a project idea in the latest Jeanne D'Arc Living.











Not really cricket boxes, but close enough.

When the Etsy shop comes back from vacation, they will be listed.

I am way behind photographing my merchandise.







A blogger at a party last week had a great way to upcycle these wide framed cardboard prints.  

I thought I saved the post, but I cannot find it.

My take is slightly different.

UPDATE: It was Julie at Renaissance Mermaid
who had the Anthro-inspired Upcycled Vintage Art using the wide frames.

Thanks, Ann-Marie!




A bunch of tools.

Some quite ancient.















A log bird feeder.


I see possibilities.

















The best things about spring?

Daylight Savings Time.

Warm, sunny weather.

 

Walking out to new blooms each morning.

My Chinese Fringe Flower (loropetalum) is in full bloom.






Don't forget to mark your calendars for the annual Magnolia Ridge Antiques and Art Gathering!





See y'all!













My Etsy shop is on vacation so I can clean up a bit and clear out items lingering too long.






Follow Me on Pinterest

Talk Of The Town #11
Party Junk # 322 

Join Us for Share Your Cup

Let's Talk Vintage Link Party

Dagmar's Home Thrifty and Vintage Finds link party Thrifty Rebel Vintage The Cottage Market

20 comments:

  1. I now have a Habitat in the next town over, but their hours are really strange! I can never seem to catch them when they're open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the Habitat ReStore. You got some great stuff, Donna. I love the faucets, tools and window. Yay to DST, warm temps and longer daylight. It does a soul good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw that post on the frames with washi tape and I found it for you! http://renaissancemermaid.blogspot.com/2016/03/anthro-inspired-upcycled-vintage-art.html
    I just visited the Restore in my area and I some of the best stuff I have found in a while! Love the red ladder and multicolored faucets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen good stuff like that at our Habitat. Years ago I found some really great clay pots, but that's about it. Did you say you need rake heads ? Can you tell us what you do with them ? For the store ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have found a few things at our Habitat, but not much. I should go more than I do. You found some great things- I love the transom window. Are you going to make a big voodoo doll with your new friend??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We live near a Habitat ReStore. We find a few tid-bits, but nothing really special yet. We found two chandeliers that we needed to replace the ones the house came with. They were quite inexpensive, too! {Now to get them ready to install!!!} We'll keep trying, though! We went to a bunch of thrift stores in Calabash this past Friday...nothing...crickets...got discouraged and went home — right past the ReStore that closes at the ungodly hour of 4 pm! We'll try some other ones soon and see what they have to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am trying not to buy much right now. Doing OK, but I do love that red ladder! You are keeping busy!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. The framed art pieces you picked up look a lot like mine :) I hope you show them again after you upcycle them. Thanks for the shout-out, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good stuff Donna. I also love Habitat Restore. I usually always find something there that I need. Found a very nice light for the dining room in the rental house we are fixing up to sell. Cheaper than buying new globes for the tacky old one that was in there. The log bird feeder looks like it could be used for candles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy the Restore, but I think yours has much better stuff! I go about once a month. The transom, ladder, and faucets are awesome, as are your pretty flowers. Even though we've had some beautiful weather up north, it's still winter here, nary a crocus has peeped its head above ground yet. Wish I could visit you at Magnolia Ridge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Diana when she says your Habitat store has better stuff. I have one near me that I go to now and then.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great selection. I love the red ladder and the tools. I have a bit of an Ikea habit but I'm sure that's only because we don't have a Habitat Restore around here :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some great finds... and great ideas. I love the idea of transforming the vintage framed prints! Thank you for sharing it all with "Let's Talk Vintage!" this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sure found some fun treasures! Our nearest Habitat store is too far away to visit every week, but if I could....watch out! Thanks for sharing your haul at Talk of the Town.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, you're fringe flower is gorgeous!! Not even close to spring here yet, but at least we have no snow right now. Love the tools, and the faucets. I go to our HH store almost every weekend and only find cool stuff sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have a Restore about a half an hour away, but I rarely go. We are going to start a garden shed and I found a few fun architectural pieces last year that we'll be using. I was thinking the other day that I need to go see what I could find this year. Love the faucets! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just recently discovered that we have a Habitat Store about 10 miles from us. We found an old door that I haven't done anything with yet. But, since we were looking for the door, I didn't look around. I guess I need to go back to see what they have.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, I'm a Restore Junkie! Can't keep me away and on furniture sale day.... Forget about it! We have three locally within 25 miles... So you can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Still loving that bunch of colourful faucet handles. Thanks so much for sharing your awesome finds at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!