Sunday, March 27, 2016

Quickies - Spray Wax!?!


Quick makeovers, frame, Krylon Spray Wax Coating


 HAPPY EASTER!

Being a veteran of many Easter sunrise services - freezing beneath the choir robes, I thought I would bring you a sunrise frame.


I discovered spray wax a couple of weeks ago.

Krylon Wax Coating Chalky Finish in Dark Brown to be exact.

I bought this frame - large and with wonderful details.

The finish in deplorable shape.






Sprayed the whole frame including the linen inner part with Krylon Matte Sunrise which is not chalky finish spray.

 



Directions told me to spray a coat.

However next time I will not spray so much because ...








Next you have to wipe off the excess.












 
The wax settled nicely in all the crevices.














Wait thirty minutes before buffing.

I used blue work paper towels.









 A beautiful finish.



















It worked well even though the base coat was not Krylon Chalky Finish paint.  

Next I plan to use it on a bigger piece.

I receive NO compensation from any company.

This is just my opinion.

However, if you feel the need to take up a collection for my paint supply addiction, please feel welcomed!




This frame will be at Magnolia Ridge.












See y'all!
















Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA16

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

Show And Share No. 307 

giveaways
Thrifty Rebel Vintage Craft Frenzy Friday

18 comments:

  1. Well, I'll be trying this as soon as the stores open tomorrow. It looks great and what a time saver. I still have a bunch of old frames to paint so this just made my day. I wish you did get some compensation, but I am thrilled that you shared about this product anyway. Thanks!
    Happy Easter...I'm up to watch the sun rise this morning. xoxo, T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Spray Wax. I rarely use anything different. If you get it on too dark, you can just use some of the natural and it will pull off some of the dark. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out great. I use the spray wax that Dixie Belle makes and I love it. So far they only have clear though. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you try these new products and then we get to see the great results. Sometimes the price of them turns me away, but if they are worth it, ok. This seems worth it. I love the finish on your frame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this spray wax. What a great find and easy peasy love that. Thanks for sharing this. I am going to look into this for my next project. Happy Easter.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT????!!!! Spray wax?? I'm definitely going to give this a shot!!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna,
    Thanks for telling us about this product. I can't wait to try it. Your frame looks perfect!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great product. Will have to try it. The frame looks really nice.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It cam out well. I had not heard of that product. Bet now others will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to ask where do you find your Krylon specialty finish paints and waxes???????? oh and I love the frame...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty! I have some frames this would look great on!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheers from Japan! ! Happy Easter to you and your family.
    Ryoma

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooo Donna, I love how this came out! And it was so easy! You've got me convinced!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that spray wax! Your frame looks fabulous! Sadly I doubt I'll be able to find it here. Still can't find spray chalk paint. We're so behind here in the boonies. Next time I'm in the big city I'm going to have to try to hunt these two products down and stock up if I find them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I haven't read a blog forever....but Tina sent me over to check this out. This stuff is almost as amazing as you! Wish I was going to Magnolia Ridge....good luck my friend, hope you sell lots!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow I am going to buy that stuff. It looks like it is easy to use. Have you tried it on a big piece yet?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how this turned out Donna! I'm going to give spray wax a try.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous frame at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!