Thursday, March 17, 2016

Breezy Blue Primitive


Table make over, primitive, patina, prairie style, Krylon Cool Ocean Breeze
Breezy and blue is not ordinarily words you would associate with primitive.

However when offered the chance to use the leftover can of Krylon Cool Ocean Breeze on my oh-so primitive table, the spraying began.

(No, I do NOT receive any compensation for the brands I use.)






I found this primitive beauty when shopping with Olive Out in Statham, Georgia. (read post here)

I loved her curvy legs.








She sat in the corner of the living room while I pondered her fate.

Her wood was very dry.

Turquoise paint had been splashed over her.

WAIT!!!

WAIT JUST A MINUTE!!!

She had turquoise paint on her.




Where is that can of Cool Ocean Breeze?


Sanded and scrubbed and ready to ...















Throw her legs in the air like she ... 

Well, you know.

Spray paint over raw, dry wood soaks in.

I used a very light spray since I wanted a time-worn finish.







Disregard my patio.

I promise it will be clean in a few weeks.

I liked her here, but ...











I loved her after polishing with Howard's Dark Oak wax.













Yep, just the look she deserves.

Graceful beauty with a lovely patina.













Miss Breezy Blue Primitive will be going on the junk caravan to the Magnolia Ridge Antiques & Art Gathering.












There will be a whole family of breezy blue primitives there.
















Don't forget to mark your calendars for the annual Magnolia Ridge Antiques & Art Gathering!




See y'all!













My Etsy shop is on vacation so I can clean up a bit and clear out items lingering too long.






Follow Me on Pinterest

FEATURED AT COASTAL CHARM SHOW AND SHARE NO 307


Party Junk # 322
Amaze Me Monday #155 
Show and Share No.306 

giveaways

Thrifty Rebel Vintage The Cottage Market Craft Frenzy FridayThoughts from Alice

18 comments:

  1. LOVE how she turned out, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful....if you were a real friend, you'd drive her all the way to my house. Just sayin'! You could get dog kisses, lots of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a cutie now!! Love that color.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blue and the shape of the table! xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna! Just found you from the Adironack Girl @ Heart blog and wanted to stop by to say "hello". Looking forward to exploring your amazing site and absorbing some "knowledge" on vintage! Thank you!
    JoanMarie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better say your goodbye's to her now cuz she will go fast!! She is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking table and love the color too. Wish I could come to the Magnolia Ridge Antiques & Art Gathering. Sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love her!!! She's going to sell quick I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, the color looks great on her!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous table that's come up a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love turquoise. It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color and the dark wax just finishes it perfectly. Thanks for sharing on Friday's Furniture Fix.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just gorgeous! I love the color and your painting skills are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could stare at her forever. The colour is so perfect with the distressing and the dark wax! Thanks so much for sharing her at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice Piece. I have one sitting on my kitchen table with black, holiday green and silver on it, need to apply crackle and some white and see what I end up with. Yours is great!Thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree, the curvy legs make the whole table :) Super cute.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!