Saturday, March 8, 2014

Two Crib Mattresses Short A Baby

Crib springs, booth display
When I last left you, Chucks and I were arguing discussing loudly about two dirty, wet, stinky crib mattresses I had to have.

I had to drag them forty-five miles back home.

I just plain had to do it.

He did not see the appeal.

He thought I was crazier than usual.

He left and went in the house.

Well, good!

Now I can get to work.

It was about six in the evening.

Darkness falling fast.

If you have babies who sleep on crib mattresses, you may NOT want to see this post.




 Sorry for the photos - it was dark.

He left me in the cold and the dark.

With shears and a box cutter.

I was ready to rumble.

Cue West Side Story music.

I cut away the plastic.

I cut away yards of foam.
  
I cut away some kind of material.



To get to this.

This is a product like the coco-mat you use to line planters.

Except it is full a big wood chips and splinters.

It smells.

 
Can you sneak a peek of what is inside?








CRIB SPRINGS!!!!

Yes, all that stinky stuff I pulled off went into a large bag and straight to the trash can.

Yes, your baby sleeps on that.

Yes, these were highly-rated brand-name mattresses.

Yes, I took a scalding hot bath and washed my clothes, too.


It is a dirty job, but someone has to save the crib springs.

I elected myself.



It is quite the battle to remove all that junk.

It was truly night when I finished.

Here were the rewards of the struggle.



Two sets of crib springs ready for a quick hosing off and a trip to the booth.

Great for displays.

And to think Chucks did not want me to bring them home.





Think I am two crib mattresses short a baby now, Big Boy?

No, I do not talk to my husband like that.

Except under my breath.

I left him with an empty truck.

He was happy.

I was happy.

The crib springs were happy.

See y'all!









Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

16 comments:

  1. Oh you are such a clever girl! Everybody loves bedsprings! Worth the trouble I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to keep your thinking cap on at all times, Donna! I couldn't imagine what you were going to do with those mattresses. Wow! You got me on that one, but these will really come in. I've seen so many projects using bed springs and never gave any thought on how to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha! I knew you had something up your sleeve! Good thinking, and yeah, we were better off not knowing what was under there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taking someone's trash and turning it into something useful! What a great idea you had with those box springs. I'm a new follower. I'd love for you to visit me when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw springs the other day at the Salvation Army by the road and almost got them, but just haven't been in the mood to create lately. I did buy a wooden bookshelf to paint and put in the booth. Ugh. Just ain't feeling it, but great for you. You always know how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post had me giggling with your funny wit. Crib springs for displays!!! So Original!

    Gigi @ Old World Patina

    ReplyDelete
  7. just think about how they make full size mattresses...I don't want to know. Glad you could get the spings all cleaned out

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I love those springs. The next time I see a crib mattress it is definitely coming home with me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's funny,I'd really love to see them in your booth and what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great thought... When #3 is done with our crib mattress I'll make sure to salvage the springs. Those things are hot and do sell well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many thanks for this brilliant post! Many points have extremely useful. Hopefully you'll continue sharing your knowledge around.
    memory foam vocs

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site.
    best mattress 2014

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site.
    best mattress 2014

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first several months of my site there were no comments; just give it time; now they come in like crazy every day! Thanks.
    best mattress for bad back

    ReplyDelete
  15. his is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the excellent work.
    memory foam mattress

    ReplyDelete
  16. COol article. If you want to see some user generated opinions and reviews on Crib Mattresses, just click Mattress Reviews

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!