Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Springing For Pottery

ironstine pitchers, creamers, milk glass, styling vignettes, blogging
Before meeting all you wonderful people here in Bloglandia, I never really paid much attention to pottery.

But now I have a lust for ironstone that has me springing for pottery wherever I go.


Last year I could not find a pitcher I liked.

This year I cannot turn down one if my life depended on it.

Just look at the two small pitchers and the creamer.

Who could pass them by?

Not me!




And this craze has extended to milk glass.

And vignettes.

And styled photography.

How far have I fallen?

The milk glass vase with a pinkish glow.

The milk glass jam pot with blue transfer.

A one dollar bird.






Now I have begun buying the soft green creamers.

How I envy you who can restrain yourself and buy only one color!



Three chicks - cheap chic chicks.



Chucks wants to know what this strange fascination I have now.

You know what I mean.

Certain corners of every room have a lovely display.

Other corners hide in shame.

Can I branch out?

Is it possible to have  a WHOLE room displayed with care and pottery and dollar store finds?

Well, with two dogs and two cats and a husband who forgets we do have trashcans, that ain't going to happen.

Except in Bloglandia.

Off I go to spring for some more pottery.

See y'all!









Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

Blissful Whites Wednesday at Timewashed
Share Your Cup Thursday #96  
Thrifty Life Thursday #12 at Revisionary Life 
Be Inspired #182 at Common Ground 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage 
The Cottage Market Presents Junkin Joe Every Friday 
Party Junk #232 at Funky Junk Interiors 


 

Shabbilicious Friday






We Call It JunkinThe DIY Dreamer GREEN wILLOW POND Savvy Southern StyleLavender Garden CottageThe Dedicated HousePhotobucketThoughts from AliceDwellings-The Heart of Your Home

25 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how we fall in love with things we see on blogs and the vignettes created with said things! That's what happened to me to with my ironstone and milk glass obsession. I am the type who loves almost every style...except Asian and really modern, so I have a hard time walking past great deals, but I am finally settling on a style I love and am trying hard to walk past those great deals....unless I can list them on Etsy eventually. LOL! Still purging...I have a small mountain to go to consignment and a smaller mountain of Etsy items! I'm proud of myself for letting things go...:) Have a happy Tuesday....Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it all but I LOVE that green creamer! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to find styles from other people. I also love little pitchers. Blue and white is my weakness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ONE of my collections is white pitchers. Or creamers. Any size. All white. Right now I rampage through any thrift store in search of one more of the pitchers that you have pictured in Photo 1! This is all beautiful, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to look at everyone's pottery, but I have not been bitten by the bug to collect it....yet. Until I do...I'll enjoy watching you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your vignettes are just charming. I really appreciate your comments today. The truth be told, the corners of my house are my doing though. So much stuff!! The problem is that I love each and every piece that I have! I am sure you feel the same way. Your chicks in the green creamer ( or is that a gravy boat?)are just the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are really getting good with your vignettes. Love the green pottery and little chicks ... of course, happy to see you collecting ironstone ... my favorite.
    Glad you like my featured cloche at Marty's A Stroll Thru Life.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't exercise that restraint either, Donna. Though I wish with all my heart I could. ~Ann
    Tarnished Royalty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say I have a weakness for hobnail milk glass or mild glass period. I only have a few pieces, but I just love to look at it. I'll buy it whenever I see it... which isn't often. That little green creamer is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know exactly how you feel about the lust for new (old) things! I have the bug too. Lovely new treasures you have found!

    Gigi @ Old World Patina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear you loud and clear and understand completely... lol I have come to love old Pitchers.. My dining room is filled with them and white dishes and blue plates and i am begining to fall in love with the greens and bluish greens.. Lord, help us! By the way, love the phrase.."bloglandia".... Makes it seem like a wonderland.. I guess it is.. Our hubby's are "wondering" what has happen to us... lol Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know, such great stuff and it wants to come home with you. Ironstone is now my favorite stuff to search out. Finding it slowly. Love what you founds so far.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful display and photographs, Donna. I have a deep love for ironstone as well, but I divested myself of my collection a couple of years ago (except for a few favorites!). Now I just sell it! Same with the green. I do still have a small collection of green glass that I keep on my kitchen window sill. I love the sun shining through it; it makes me smile. Blessings, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. The beauty of the camera is you point it at where you have cleaned or in my case maybe not. Love the wee green creamer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just popped back over to thank you for linking your terrific articles to my History & Home Link Party this week! Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your white pitchers! The green one is lovely as well... I have cats who don't understand how important it is for the blog to wipe their paws and eat in their plates rather than carry the food on the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the white pitchers and the milk glass. I just found a milk glass pitcher at the consignment shop -- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I find myself admiring things on other's blogs and before long add a few new things I never knew I needed. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it Donna! I have had my eye out for some white ironstone. Alas, none to be found so far. The hunt is half the fun so I will be patient. The green creamer and chicks are so sweet! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Donna, just hopping back to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  21. All beautiful finds Donna. I'm thankful everyday for Blogland... how uninteresting must we all have been before we discovered all these new things and people!!
    Thanks for always sharing at Shabbilicious Friday sweetie. I appreciate it ♥

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!