Monday, March 24, 2014

Rust and Radiant Orchid


yard art, rust, wrought iron railings, bucket, tool caddies
Time to raid Horror Monster's outdoor living section for more rust and turn some of it Radiant Orchid.

Pantone's color of the year.


(No comment on their choice.)


I bought a small sample pot of it

I tried it on several things and decided it looked the best on rusty stuff.

Go figure.




Regular readers know I am in the process of purging my yardscape of the stuff I usually use in favor of a new look.

Rusty railings used to be trellises.

Those white bars? 

Yes, real jailhouse bars.

Where did I get them?

I am not divulging that information.

The statute of limitations has not run out.




A rusty iron strongbox, wire racks (seen HERE), classroom green trashcan (remember those?), and another bucket.










Great grate for standing upright in the garden or lying flat for thyme to creep through.

Or as a pot trivet.










The tool caddies from the estate sale - one is slightly larger than this one.

I painted one Radiant Orchid and the other a mustard.


Mr. Frog sits patiently waiting to be severely wire-brushed to rid him of that hideous green paint.

Wasn't that Pantone's color last year?

(Snicker, Snicker, Smirk!)





Yes, another cooler.  

This one is smaller than the Poloron (read here) and more rusty and crusty.

Think filled with lilies.










A group photo of some of the yardscape graduates.

All cleaned, waxed, some painted, and all ready to go to the booth.



The guy who is flipping the house next door saw me gathering all the rusty, crusty things together and offered me the use of his dumpster.

I have decided he must live in some alternate universe.

Or plain crazy!





These rusty, crusty things radiant in orchid are just in time for Spring.

Bunny Rabbit approved!




See y'all!















Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

Knick Of Time Tuesday #130 - Vintage Inspiration Party
Share Your Cup Thursday #96 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage 
The Cottage Market Presents Junkin Joe Every Friday 
Party Junk #232 at Funky Junk Interiors 


The Dedicated HouseA Stroll Thru LifeWe Call It JunkinThe DIY Dreamer GREEN wILLOW POND Savvy Southern StyleLavender Garden Cottage

13 comments:

  1. You have the most interesting things...but the jail house bars top them all!! I didn't love the Pantone color last year and I don't love this years, but you have made the best use of it so far that I've seen. Now...I have to know...what exactly did you say to that neighbor when he offered the use of his dumpster????? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, go look in that dumpster. There's no telling what he may have thrown in there! Obviously his 'cool filter' is turned off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Always good for a chuckle first thing in the morning, thanks Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm drooling over that rusty goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rusty things and I agree...go look in his dumpster! LOL

    Gigi @ Old World Patina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so loving that rusty cooler. I'd love to have something like that in my garden this summer. So much rusty awesomeness in your yard!!! I agree with Cheryl. There must be something great in that dumpster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see some of your yard art filled to overflowing with flowers! You have such neat things....love the iron grate and that cooler! The orchid does look nice with the rust, but I'm not sure folks will catch on to the orchid trend for indoor decor! Pretty but in small doses...:) Happy yard working! I'm off to begin my spring cleaning....pray for me! LOL...Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the rusty things...not sure about the orchid...but you made it all very Spring-y!! Would love to see your booth!! Have a great week! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't say I'm too find of Pantone's color pick, but I say way to go for trying some out. So funny about the guy next door, he and my dad must be working on the same brain. He's always asking why I have some much "junk" around :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all of the smiles you gave me with your commentary. Your neighbor probably wanted you to put this great stuff in his dumpster, so he could get it out and use it. Wish I could come shop in your booth. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy dance when looking at your great rusty and some painted finds.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ever heard of the 'Jail House Rock'? lol! You definitely are rocking with all the rust! The color of the year is definitely fun for Spring. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!