Monday, March 31, 2014

Sold!


Sold.

Sold.

Sold.


Last week I did not go after bargains.


I spent real money ...

and got things for me.

Well, maybe some for Etsy ...

and some for the booths.





I thought these were neat.

Shirt hangers for a wardrobe or steamer trunk.

Not sure if they really vintage.

Put them on Etsy.

I can see them pink and Frenchy.



There was one shirt and pants hanger.

Also on Etsy.

Again, I see pink and Frenchy.

Lace and vintage buttons.

Maybe some typography.

Maybe I should keep them.

The ideas keep coming

If you want them, you better hurry.




Saturday as we were backing out of the drive, the Fed Ex guy drove past our house.

Chucks said that he had better not stop here.

He stopped here.

With not one big box, but two.

Two boxes from Antique Farmhouse.



Look, Danni, body parts!

I loved these mannequins.

I will admit they were slightly bigger than I thought.

I think they need crowns and pearls.

Or go outside with rusty tiny stars around their necks.

Oh, the possibilities.




Yes, Danni, another head!

A ram's head!

Chucks definitely did not get the reasoning behind this purchase.

I needed a ram for all my sheep.




Tiny spice and medicine bottles in a floral vintage box.

Bag of square rusty nails.





I see art projects!




Okay, I see I took multiple pics with the bright orange price sticker on the mirror in the cage without ever seeing it until I downloaded them.

Vintage turquoise cage.

Chucks thinks it is going to the booth.

Silly, silly Chucks.

IT IS TURQUOISE!


After all the exotic, the vintage, the body parts, this purchase seems mundane.

I am painting it.

I am trying it out on the front porch.

 
If it fits, it stays.

If it does not, it goes.

That's the rule.

Chucks has been regaling me with stories of some hoarder guy who died, and the authorities had to break through the roof to get to his body.

Silly, silly Chucks.

Has he seen our attic?

See y'all!






Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

Knick of Time Tuesday #131 Vintage Inspiration Party
Share Your Cup #97 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage 
The Cottage Market Presents Junkin Joe Every Friday

 



A Stroll Thru LifeWe Call It Junkin GREEN wILLOW POND Savvy Southern StyleLavender Garden Cottage

14 comments:

  1. oh I have a silly silly chuck TOO....Love Love the cage.....make sure you tell us where it ends up. Have a good day...A sunny warm day....Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna..the heads! I love them. I see frenchy crowns...I see pearls...I can't wait to see what you are going to do with them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chucks is hilarious with his hoarder story. That ram's head is totally saying my name. I want Fed Ex to pull up to my house with another one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all of us have the same silly husband ...... until I bring home the money from the sale of my "visions". LOL.....Love reading your post Donna. And like you, I am always on the hunt for bargains but for me and my home.....I will spend money with the best of them! xo Lynn P.S. the cherubs is an antique print ....so pretty and it was priced way low! I don't think the seller knew what they had! yah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Donna :) I would love to feature your booth at Shop Talk, so if you are interested, e-mail me at coastal.charm@yahoo.com and we will discuss the details.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have so many ideas for those hangers, you should keep them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, you crack me up! Silly Chucks, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not hoarders-collectors:) and retailers:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bird cage ... can't wait to see what you do with it.
    The body parts (mannequins) are my favorite.
    Thanks for inspiring all of us collectors.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I am so loving that turquoise bird cage! It is so pretty...and I am so jealous! Love that last line....."Has he seen our attic?" LOL...:) Have fun with your new treasures. I need to check out Antique Farmhouse...but I think I will pass on the heads,,,;)

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those mannequins are great I would love to find some like them.
    My fiancé would wonder how many more dress forms I need.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hoarder guy story was too funny but sad. I tell my hubby that he can NOT call me a hoarder until I have trails through the house. Not there yet. lol! The mannequins are great and you will have them dolled up in no time. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! Great stuff you found and bought! Love the mannequins!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, Donna, now you're going to have dozens of baby concrete sheep all over the yard! Yes, the turquoise bird case is fab, turquoise anything is fab, isn't it? Thank you for sharing this and your pretty lampshade and benches at my History & Home link party this week, have a good evening - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!