Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Bargains Bought

Vintage finds, ironstone bowls, yardscaping, yard art, suitcases
There were a few bargains to be bought this past weekend.

I was looking for things for my new yardscape and for the booth.

I have been using this table a lot in photos, but I love its style.

It was very cheap at an estate sale because someone had broken one of the decorative sides.

Back to the bought bargains.

Three white ironstone planters.

A basket of faded, dirty silk flowers.

I really wanted the basket.





I thought the bowls were a graduated set, but the two smaller ones are too close in size to fit together.

And now that I look at them, they look more like serving bowls.

Maybe I should not have told the lady I was only looking for something for my garden.

Well, she did give me a bundle deal.

And you know how much I love to bundle deals!



The tackle box is vintage and gray and will be kept.

The sunshine tray, the heart on a spring, and the ball carrier are not old, but might look good with other things planned for the yardscape.

 
The ball carriers are always useful to carry around your garden tools or to line with cocomat and plant.




The bucket and the pear print will be going to the booth.

The bucket may return.

Or I will find another one.

I wanted one larger.






Two hardshell Samsonite suitcases in deplorable condition, but great for a project.




No, I did not buy much.

Why?

My truck is still packed with things needing to be painted!

We did have sunny, warm days here, but I had to waste them gathering all our stuff for the accountant to do our taxes.

No, I was not a happy camper!

Though I did get to watch every episode of True Detective straight through and LOVED it.

Wait, do I detect another bargain bought hiding back there?

Why, yes, I do!

You have to see what I found!

Until next time -

See y'all!








Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

Blissful Whites Wednesday at Timewashed
Share Your Cup Thursday #96   
Thrifty Life Thursday #12 at Revisionary Life 
Be Inspired #182 at Common Ground 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage 
Party Junk #232 at Funky Junk Interiors 











Thoughts from Alice

13 comments:

  1. No fair..you're going to make us wait to see what you bought! Lol...:) The bowls/planters will look great filled with some brightly colored flowers and I absolutely love the sunshine tray! It is adorable with the lacey edges. Your yard must be just gorgeous every year. Have fun crafting, creating, planting, and hunting!
    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the details on the sunshine tray! Curious to know how you plan on finishing that with the rust and wonderful wording.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to hop a ride in your trunk but I'm sure it would be full! Where on earth do you find such deals and great pieces. I love the tray! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Want The bucket of course. I love buckets. I'm currently freezing though. Are you? Really we need to get that Bonnie above and go shopping, olive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bowls, and the sunshine sign/tray is adorable. Great color and lovely edges. I want the bucket, can't get enough of them. Great finds, but looking forward to seeing what the "secret" find is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude!! I love True Detective! I got three more to go. did you know Matthew isn't doing next season? That bummed me out. Gorgeous finds you got there. I kinda want the ironstone bowls. I keep thinking I'd like to do all white china in my kitchen but you know as a junker the odds of doing one color scape at least for me slim to none. But I can dream! Ok so I got a seriously weird question and usually I don't even bother to ask but i'm gonna this time. Can I put your blog on my blog list on my side bar? Its how I keep up with people that I want too. I just worry sometimes I say things that may offend people and I don't want you to feel your blog is on an offensive site.......so I'll pause for this awkward moment. I'm going to put you on there right now BUT if your not happy about it shoot me off a comment or email!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As usual Donna, you always find the neatest things. I think that tray is very nice and would be good in your shop. And I think the heart on a spring will be fun.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool stuff, Donna. I love, love, love that heart on a spring. Every garden needs a touch of whimsy, as far as I'm concerned, and that fits the bill. :) Thanks for visiting A Joyful Cottage. Blessings ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. simply love your finds its always fun treasure hunting
    come see me angie and what I shared at annies home ( http://shopannies.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always fun stuff girl! LOVE that heart on a spring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like great finds! I love ironstone and I think those bowls would make great planters, especially for succulents or something that will thrive in shallow soil. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some fun finds Donna. The bowls will be great for planters! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!