Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Bohemian Bandana Chest


Chest of drawer makeover, painted furniture, stenciling, Boho style
Bohemian Bandana - it's her name and her style.

A hipster kind of girl.










Way back in February I bought this lingerie chest and had big plans for her.

















 
I promptly took her apart.

Sanded.

Cleaned. 

Tightened.









Looked through March for four-inch pulls.

Finally filled in the holes and drilled a center hole.











Bought a jar of Waverly Truffle Chalk Paint.

Loved the rich brown.

Stuck the drawers back into the sanded white base and abandoned her into a dark corner of the living room.






By chance I placed a turquoise basket on top of her.

An AH-HA moment. 

Painted the base a bright turquoise.









Loved the result.

But bare-naked drawers?

No way!













Found an over-sized paisley stencil at Tuesday Morning.

Used a craft paint in turquoise.

Now I can rarely just use a stencil and let it go.

I have to shadow the edges to make the design pop.






Used craft paint in pumpkin for the shadow color.

Found maple knobs in Horror Monster's hardware section.

Used Americana Decor Satin varnish.





I finished late in the day on Saturday.

The sun would not cooperate.

I tried to hide her in the shadow of a gigantic pine tree. 

So please excuse the photos - they are worse than usual.






Definitely a boho chick.
















The knobs are perfect.















Miss Peepers approved.


















She is already in Booth W-10.

$96!
















 
This cool chic chick will be getting a companion piece next week.

I am feeling my long-lost hippie girl vibe coming back.

 

Where are my tie-dye halter top and elephant bell jeans?





See y'all!











Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA16

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

Talk Of The Town #16
Amaze Me Monday #160 

giveaways
 

Join Us for Share Your Cup

Thrifty Rebel Vintage

19 comments:

  1. She is simply gorgeous!!! Worth way more than $96 as far as I'm concerned :) I really, really love her--

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! Just beautiful!
    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Boho Chic ... she should sell fast. Great job Donna. Love the shadow effect on the stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet you that doesn't last a week! Boho is so popular right now and those colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a beauty. I agree with Diana worth more than $96.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing. This is just gorgeous and underpriced! I'm ready for some tie dye and hippie fun myself.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my only $96?!? I would be ALL OVER that. Absolutely love how it turned out. You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe you are only asking $96! That is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great colors ad design! Love what you have done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out so pretty! I like how you make it look so simple too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, Donna! The paisley stencil and colors are perfect--someone is going to be thrilled to take that home, especially for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Turquoise and brown are a favorite combination of mine and they look so good on this dresser. That stencil is fabulous and it all put together is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE IT!!!! Beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just popping back in to take another look at this gorgeous piece, and to say thanks so much for sharing at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this makeover.


    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!