Friday, December 19, 2014

Friday Finds

thrift shopping, Christmas items
A few finds picked up along the way back and forth to Riverfront Antique Mall to restore order in the new booth.

A herd of gold wire reindeer.

Perfect for small LED votives.






A rocking Irish sheep.

I must admit I kept this to add to my herd of sheep.

SSSSHHHH!












 
I love these sets of wooden ornaments.

I dropped the box and the mouse lost an ear.












Why would I buy yet another incomplete set of well-used silver?












The pattern looks just like a Christmas tree.

















Don't know why I was attracted to this blue plastic vanity box - probably from the sixties, but I think maybe I had one.










Abercrombie & Fitch back when they really meant something special.









Brown velvet riding helmet.

I can see Elizabeth Taylor as National Velvet wearing this.













What a sweet bow in the back.

















In a trunk I found this shoe kit from the South Gate Motor Hotel on Shirley Highway in Arlington, Virginia.

And two shoe horns.







Two PBN's of snow-covered barns.

I have seen these on several blogs.

Must have been a favorite of PBN painters.

I always received four PBN's on Christmas from Santa.








I knew this was the right desk for my gonna-be studio/office in the new booth.

I bought it and paid the thrift shop to hold it until I moved in.

It fits perfectly.

It is heavy-duty.

And, yes, it certainly needs a cleaning!

See y'all!







See all the bottle brush trees at these posts:


Let The Bleaching Begin

Dying the Trees

Bottle Brush Trees on Corks

Bottle Brush Tree Joy

Bottle Brush Trees on Molds 

Bottle Brush Trees On Blocks  

Painted And Pearled 

Silver And Gold 

A Tiny Shake Of Christmas 
















Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 



<




Follow Me on Pinterest

15 comments:

  1. You have some great finds! I love the silverware, the Christmas tree pattern is so subtle and cute. The riding helmet is really pretty too. The desk has so much potential!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over how sweet that riding hat is. I have never seen one like it! Can't wait to see what kind of makeover that desk gets :-)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous finds! Love the riding hat and the color of the desk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Donna! Was wondering of your booth progress, and it looks like you're still moving (a good sign). I would've kept the sheep too; in fact, if you weren't, I would've asked to buy it. It's unique! There's something about riding helmets that always attract me too. Wishing you the best into the New Year!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna that South Gate Motor Hotel stuff might be of value. My family traveled that road back in the '50s often. The highway is no longer called Shirley but is now a major thoroughfare interstate 95/395. Someone was selling matchbooks with a picture of the place on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-Matchbook-South-Gate-Motor-Hotel-Shirley-Highway-Old-Cars-Arlington-VA-/141141456308

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rocking sheep is so sweet. If I had a riding hat like that I'd almost be tempted to get on a horse. Okay, not. I've always been scared of riding horses because they don't have brake pedals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great finds Donna! My favorite is the velvet riding hat. I wouldn't wear it but I would use it for home decor!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the vintage wooden ornaments, and that silverware pattern is so fun. I used to do PBN's when I was a girl too, and I loved them, I only have 2 that I kept and they're of cats. I must find them now and do something with them. That sheep is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hell000000oooo!
    Missing you, so I stopped by during some quiet time to catch up! I hope all is well. Merry, Merry Christmas!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  10. All great finds Donna. I am loving that silverware. It does look like a Christmas tree...so neat! The sheep is adorable. I have seen those PBN's all over too. The plastic vanity box would be pretty spray painted. I lvoe painting plastic like that...it sprays beautifully! Anywho, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your finds.......the minute I saw the riding hat I thought of National Velvet too!
    The rocking sheep is adorable. Have a fun holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting variety of finds Donna. Nice desk and I am sure you will get a lot of use out of it. The silverware is nice ... reminds me of the 1950's style.
    Happy Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well those were fun finds and I particularly love the sheep! You are putting an office in your booth????

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!