Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Crates And Caddies Of Mustard


Painting tool caddies and crates
I will be honest and confess I am continuing to dump old projects off the camera and pretend they are new.

Live with it!






Expecting to see those beautiful white French mustard pots, were you?

If I ever find some super-cheap ones, I will proudly show them off.

This post is all about the mustard paint.

And the tool caddies.

And the crates.






I started with Alex's and Matthew's tool caddies.

No, I do not know who they are.  I did not steal two little boys' tool caddies.





Plus two stenciled crates in both the country bunny and silly geese designs.

I am a recovered country stencil painter and have in the past been guilty of procreating both bunnies and geese.






HAH!  Nothing a heavy duty sanding won't solve.















Clearly better even before the paint.




















I did not have an exact mustard shade in my extensive tiny pots of paint collection.

However I did have three to mix together.






The shade was still a little sunny for me.

So I wiped it down with ...

Let's all say it together ...





MinWax Mission Oak Poly!

Yes, after pic is left and before is right.





Tied red plaid flannel ribbons on each.

Now had I posted this before Christmas, I would have suggested filling each with fat lighter for a cozy fire.

Stick a heart on them and they can be Valentine gifts.

See y'all!












Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 



<




Follow Me on Pinterest


The Vintage Alphabet Party
Vintage Inspiration Party #170
Feathered Nest Friday 

15 comments:

  1. You are so funny ... I love the MinWax Mission Oak Poly finish. Those will be great for Easter too.
    Wishing you a wonderful 2015.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a transformation! I hope Alex and Matthew see the beauty in what you did to their tool boxes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the yellow turned out after you applied the wax. Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Donna! It reminds me that hubby has a couple of those wooden tool boxes in the shop and I told him I wanted one. I keep forgetting! Sadly, I was guilty of having the silly country duck decor right after I got married. Those ducks, country blue and mauve...ugh! I am so glad my taste changed...lol! Have a blessed New Year's Eve...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! Love the color. I, too, am recovering stenciler and country blue enthusiast! (Shudder) I even have to admit to decorating our house in all country blue and mauve...complete with mauve plaid counter tops! Yikes! (Hey, it was the coolest back in the day!) Happy New Year! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still loving mustard...through fall and winter this year. Your mustard creations are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an improvement. I definitely remember those stencils. For me it was country hearts and flowers. It was the thing back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I have picked up a few things with bunnies, geese, and those big old hearts. I love the way your crates and totes came out. The stain was definitely just the right finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All looks good!
    Hope Scout is doing much better going into the new year.
    Happy New Year Donna, Chucks and Puppy Boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah yes, much better. I was also afflicted with bunny and geese stencil mania way back when.
    Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh--those old stencils make me shiver--I used to LOVE them! Your transformation is inspiring. I wish I had some room to work inside--every single one of my work spaces in my work room is covered with crap right now. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well those look so much better than bunnies and geese! I am not any kind of stenciler as you well know. But...I see that I have one of these little crate things sitting on my shelf looking like it needs a makeover.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I just love those. This is a really good idea and would make a perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love mixing paint to get the color I want. I'd say you achieved the perfect shade of mustard, they look great. Do you think there will be a time in the future when we come across thrift finds with stenciled numbers or words and think they're awful?

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!