Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Retro Gray Guy



Painting a retro table, Americana Decor Relic
He is a retro gray guy.

A marriage of a sixties TV stand, plywood, and ingenuity.

Look at the groovy wheels on him.

Vroom, Vroom!









That lovely orange varnish so loved way back when.

He is quite adaptable.  

One leaf up.

Two leaves  (leafs?) up.

Or both down.







Skinny, but sturdy legs.


















I am sure this orange varnish look will be back in about another twenty years, but for now...














I will just sand that right off and ...

















Paint him Relic gray.


See his brother - a square in a gray suit here.











Left his bottom alone.

Cleaned his legs and waxed them.












Rubbed him down with MinWax Mission Oak Poly.










Left him out in the yard to dry.

Rolled him over to Riverfront Antique Mall to Booth W-10.

He is buried under a ton of stuff, but if you want him, he is there.


That retro gray guy.



See y'all!

















Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 



<




Follow Me on Pinterest

11 comments:

  1. Love this! My son moved into his first college apartment this year and this is something I would have totally bought him for his living room.

    Happy Holidays!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Donna; As usual, this is Beautiful with the new addition of Grey!!!
    I hope that you and Chucks are doing well, and that you are making many sales at your Wonderful new Booth!!!
    Take Care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks so much better now! He's a very handy piece of furniture. I can think of many places to put him. I hope he rolls out of the booth very soon on his way to a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice redo Donna..........I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking great Donna ... such a great table for so many uses. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite the dapper fellow in grey! Love it! Hope you are getting a little rest now that the booth is up and going. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats what I like adaptable tables! I hope you can take a breather now that the booth is up. We're getting too old for this. I moved furniture in my booth last Thursday and my back and knees are killing me! I think I need to switch to small?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much better in grey! Lovely little wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Donna! I've been looking for something that rolls for my kitchen and I never thought of this kind of cart. It reminds me of our orange-stained playbox we had when we were little! Much better in grey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big improvement over that oh so lovely orange. So glad that you joined us at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!