Wednesday, December 3, 2014

An Empty Booth - For Now

antique booth move, Riverfront Antique Mall
This post will be counted as my "BEFORE" pics of my new booth.

I forgot to take my camera with me on Sunday so phone pics will have to do.

The other dealer did not get everything moved out so there are a few of her things still in here.

This cubby is mine as are the chair and the panels.



The storage area is eight by twenty-two feet.  This is the far end.





Gray block on one side and unpainted wood on the other side.


















A previous dealer had nailed up some lattice - I leaving this up.  

This end is right inside the doorway.
















The main booth area is seventeen by twenty feet.

View from the front right side to the back left corner.


















View from back right corner to the left front corner.

There are two doorways leading to the aisle.


















View from back left corner to the right front corner - the display case is staying right there by the other doorway.


















View from down the "B" aisle where I am currently located.



















See those white dots on the floor?

We are allowed two feet into the aisle for merchandise.

I call it my front porch.

Chucks installed shutter doors on each end as dividers.










I have more painted crates to do something right here.

The arrow points to the entrance to the back area.
















Chucks also hung some lace panels over the concrete block.

Never tell your husband to swag.

Don't worry there are valances coming.












I realized as I was taking these photos, this booth is about the size of my first apartment!

So I will be creating a workspace by turning the cubby around and sticking a desk back there against the back wall.

I will have to give it a name.

If you lose sight of me, I will be hiding back here!



We spent all day yesterday moving cartloads down the aisle.  My goal is to have everything retagged and put into some semblance of order by Sunday.

Oh, and I hope to survive!



See y'all!







Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 



<




Follow Me on Pinterest

14 comments:

  1. I'm cheering you on, Donna! On days like you just had, I have a hard time sleeping - restless, achy legs and arms that even Advil can't help. Plus, the mind is racing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting to see the process. I'd love to do this sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new booth looks enormous. Even though it's exhausting it must be so exciting to get into that new space. I'm cheering you on too! Go Donna... Go Donna... Go Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Donna and Chucks;
    May God Bless You Both. I can not wait to see your completed shop posted!!!
    You had better tell Chucks to get busy and to be of help!! ;-)
    You Folks Take Care, and I can not wait to see the booth complete!!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Never tell your husband to swag" I think that should be made into a poster.
    How nice to have a desk space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Donna! You can do it!!! The space is huge...this seems like great fun to me but back breaking at the same time. I think Chucks swags pretty good for the male gender. You know he has no DNA for such things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the final results!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.....your booth space is huge....and enough room to have a little office/work area!!
    Waiting to see it when it is all finished. Don't forget to take a little break once in a while and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you must be exhausted! The new space is going to be awesome filled with all your treasures! I am so excited for you. Can't wait to see it completed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, I am betting on you and Chucks to meet your deadline of Sunday. That's a lot of work for two people, but with your plan already in mind, it will make it go faster. You will be so happy with all that space ... yea, more treasure hunting is in order.
    Blessing to both of you.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's going to look great Donna! I would love to have a space in an antique mall one day.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your idea to use shutters to divide the space on your front porch! I'd like to send you some energy, but I don't have any left!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes...isn't this how everyone spends their birthday???!!! Is that Chucks with the broom in the background? That is a huge space and I'm sure you'll fill it wonderfully with beautiful treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sure do have a load of space to play with. It's going to be fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!