Saturday, November 29, 2014

Square In A Gray Suit


Painted table in Americana Decor Relic
A sharply dressed square table in a tailored gray suit.

What a handsome guy!














He started out butt-ugly.

No kind words for him.

Someone had attempted a makeover but quit on him.














I rather liked his classic lines.

He did have a pronounced limping gait to him.

Fixed quickly with a bit of wood glue and some clamps.

A quick sanding - most of that had been done.


A thorough cleaning.

He had a slight smell.






I have a new favorite color - Americana Decor Chalky Paint in Relic.

(No money was given out for this project.  I would appreciate another jar of this - Hobby Lobby is out!)














He had round knobs, but I had these square ones which were perfect. 

Notice I added MinWax Mission Oak over the gray to make it a richer color.












My new tags with distressed donna on them.

Tuesday is the big moving day.

Please send me some sanity.









My square table in a gray suit is currently hiding out in my old booths.  I wanted him to be front and center for the new booth's opening.

He is such a handsome fellow!






See y'all!










Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 



<




Follow Me on Pinterest

Share Your Cup Thursday #129 



Found and Foraged Linky Party
Vintage Inspiration Party

Thoughts from AlicePhotobucket/

17 comments:

  1. Very nice!! And I think you will do great on Tuesday.....sanity intact! Many blessings and well wishes sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wert whirl! Hey, handsome guy in the grey suit, come here!

    Donna, he's all that! Good luck on your move. You'll probably enjoy a lot of customer interaction and have the chance to sell while you're working. Don't forget to take B&A pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is quite dapper! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love him Donna! He is quite dapper in his new suit and will be much more appealing now that he is limp free...:) Best of luck with the big move! I know it has to be a lot of work, but worth it I'm sure.

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a very handsome guy! Good luck on Tuesday, it's a lot of work but it will be wonderful!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, very handsome! I am so excited about your move and I can't even attend the grand reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, he is a handsome fellow...........I am in love!!
    Wishing you much success with the new booth and waiting on pics!
    Most of all.......have fun my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The table looks awesome and my favorite thing is the "distressed donna" tags, love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how the table turned out ... rich and handsome. Great size too that most people can use. You did good and love your new tags. Wishing you the best of luck on your opening. Hope you have time to take pictures ... I am sure it looks very inviting.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant! It's so hard now finding guys that dress in suits!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He looks very handsome indeed! Can't wait to see your new booth. Good luck with the move. I'm taking it easy on myself this Christmas so I have some sanity to spare. I'm sending good thoughts your way... with a little sanity thrown in

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHAHAHA "butt ugly" with a "slight smell" you crack me up!! You may have missed your calling in used furniture sales. ;-) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh he is very dapper and I live the unpainted knobs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your new tags! This fella is quite handsome, I must admit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love little tables like that, so versatile. The gray color is great will go with much of what anybody might have in a home. Would love to have that little table. Most likely won't last long.
    Never thought I'd like gray but we painted our living room a very light gray, what a difference in room, lights it up so beautifully. Great color choice. I'll be looking for paint you used, thought Michaels had that brand also.
    Happy week and enjoy season

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your new tags look awesome! And yes, he was a bit butt ugly...but you cleaned him up nicely! I love your posts...they always make me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. He certainly is a good looker! Love the new tags and sanity sent your way. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!