Sunday, June 26, 2016

Quickies

primitive chest, tool box, quick makeover, image transfer
It is hot as blue blazes here so big paint projects have taken a backseat to small. ones.





Like this primitive tool box.

Now a sedate gray.





Started life as a very distressed box coated in brown paper.

I could not find any markings on the wood or paper.






The hinges no longer attach the lid to the box.

Chewed through in some places by beast or vermin or insect.










After a good sanding. 

It is a hefty guy.












The only paint on it was this gray/green color on the braces of the lid.

I left it as is.









With Bermuda Sand as a base, I added blue and green to make a gray color.










Used a French sheep label from The Graphics Fairy.

Used the waxed paper transfer method.









 
Did not fill in the holes - too much character.

Did not add new hinges - not necessary.










We can pretend it is an old sheep shearing box.












Since it took less than an hour, I think it qualifies for a quickie.






Still in my junk funk.

But I am shopping Horror Monster, my beloved stash.

Have found things which have not seen the light of day in years.



See y'all!






CLOSED FOR SUMMER!

 Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA16

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

 Shabbilicious Friday Party!!

A TRAY OF BLISS: FIVE STAR FROU-FROU #53

18 comments:

  1. Love this Quickie! I am trying to shop my huge stash right now! Have a great day.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am slowly but surely shopping my stash too. I knew Horror Monster would come through for you. It's been a while since he's made an appearance here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That box has lots of character and you just enhanced it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out very beautiful! Can't wait to see what you pull out of Horror Monster's stash!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful transformation, love the color! It's great to have a stash to pull from when the pickins' get thin... remember those days from my junkin' biz! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Donna; I Always enjoy reading about all of your Adventures, and seeing all of the Beautiful Photos of your items.
    You are so Talented Lady. You could make a Brown paper bag from the store look like a Priceless Antique!!!
    I wish that I could shop your Horror Monster.....lol!!!
    I could find Treasure after Treasure!!! ;-D
    I Hope and pray that you and Chucks have been doing well.
    Take Care!!! :-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Donna. Looks awesome. Happy Sunday.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your special talent to bring that old box back to life and it looks great. Lots of uses, hinges or not. Good that you still have Horror Monster to back you up while you work yourself out of this junk funk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I wonder what is going to surface from Horror Monster.......... Love the painted primitive tool box.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna.......long time no chat! I have been away from Blogger and doing some junkin' myself. Plus Facebook can get addictive! Love the prim box.....a great find. Weather here is rather warm, too! How is Scout doing? Waiting to see what you pull out of Horror Monster! I have a stash like that too that I haven't checked for quite some time!
    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has been in the mid to upper 90s for the past week or so. I am trying to keep projects to a minimum. The paint just doesn't dry right in such hot humid air.

    Went on a yard sale route through KY on Sat. Was kinda a bummer. So, it did not help my 'junk funk' either. May have set me deeper into my funk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect quickie! It's too hot here too to do anything and this past weekend was horrible for junking. There is nothing out there to buy! Maybe I caught your junk funk bug!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's definitely an old sheep shearing box.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to be back to see what you're up to! Love this! I'll take it! I honestly have not found anything here at a reasonable rate. Well, I take that back, in the way of yard sales and junking. I've found what I've found on on-line sites and beside the road as I said.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that old box...I can never pass one up! I've had guests so I haven't been out shopping but then again, it's too hot anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am not familiar with the wax paper transfer paper know how ?

    The transfer just makes the box very special for sure

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!