Monday, June 16, 2014

Picky About Pickins'

vintage finds, thrift shops, chalkware dog
This time of year I get picky about what I pick.

It is not I can't find the stuff, but I'm an outdoor girl at heart.

I would rather be working in the yard, swimming laps, or taking a nap in the pool.


Not stuck inside the house.

So last week I made a conscious effort to buy only quick turn-around things.

Definite "keeps" or "sells".

Chalkware souvenir shepherd from Hot Springs, Arkansas.

Big and beautiful.

About 18" high.




Plastic framed roses print.

The frame needs to be distressed white.

I may or may not do it.

The primitive brown crock I am torn on.

I have a bowl that matches this finish.

It may be a keeper.





Finally found a stack of windows.

Just double paned - I was looking for three over threes.

I must not be too picky about my pickins' though.




Old wooden windows are getting harder to find.




I loved the geometric shape of these stacked wire baskets.

They need for me to make liners for them.

I may or may not do it.

The set of pink floral sheets have an odor unlike any I have smelled.

Boiling water bath for them.

Two chair back covers in red and white.

Two student music booklets.







I bought another of the hats the volunteer at the SPCA Thrift Shop decorates with millinery flowers and vintage trims.



This one is sitting inside the front door.

She matches  the Bonnie Bonnet lampshade here.




Three more baskets to makeover in my Prairie - Plain and Primitive style.

No "may" about this task.

I have been working diligently in transforming the baskets.

Some will be in my Etsy shop.

Some will be at Riverfront Antique Mall.

And some will be in my house!

Chucks says I need to take a picture of Mount Basket in the living room.

I may or may not do it.

I would have to clean first.

And I'd rather be outdoors.

See y'all!



Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

Coastal Charm: Show and Share Party #217
Thriftasaurus #911 at Sir Thrift-A-Lot 
Share Your Cup #107  
Thrifty Life Thursday #23 at Revisionary Life
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage 
Thrifty Things Friday #6 at Melissa's Antiques 
The Cottage Market Presents Junkin Joe Every Friday 


Shabbilicious Friday 
 

Thoughts from Alice

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful collection of pictures! Dog looks very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun finds! I know what you mean...some days I'd rather "play" too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! I know what you mean about old wood windows....around here they are real pricey if you find them! Gotta get outside today and play before the rains come.
    Have fun with your finds and can hardly wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a BUNCH of double pane windows and no one seems to want them. I had 14 6 pane windows just 2 weeks ago and I'm down to 3. May need to unload them on Craigslist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in serious need of a day of wandering...I love the chalkware dog. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so envious...I have had no time to create anything lately! Son....very soon! Have fun indoors and out!

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. That floral print is so sweet. I know what you mean... I stuck myself inside Friday and Saturday and finally painted the master bedroom, and now I'm rebelling. It's sooo hard to be inside when I want to be out in the gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found some great stuff. I love old windows and I love the wire baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have that floral print (times two)!!!! I love it! LOOOOVEEEE the windows! I sell those pretty quickly in the booth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You find the best stuff. Always a treat to see what you have found.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some fun stuff Donna. I wish you had my large trash bag of wicker baskets I am donating to the Thrift ... you could have so much fun 'transforming' them.

    Hugs,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you start out so serious and determined and instantly move to "I may or may not do this". I should probably take this on as my motto, it would relieve a lot of pressure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too would rather be outside! And often I may or may not do something. But sometimes I have to force myself to stay in and clean. lol! Love the shape of that frame and the hat is darling! Can't wait to see more of your darling prairie baskets! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wanted to stop back by and tell you thanks for sharing @ TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. For a picky girl, you found some good stuff. :) I THINK I want to be outside, then I get hot and sticky and sweaty and mosquitoes swarm, and I am probably not what you'd call an outside girl. At least not until fall...

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH! I forgot...Thanks for sharing this post with Revisionary Life Thrifty Life Thursday Linky Party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome finds, Donna :) Love the wire baskets and your crock esp. I think I'm going to adopt your saying--I may or may not--would save myself a lot of agonizing by just accepting up front that the job simply may not get done!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!