Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Bonnie Bonnet

lampshade, leather and velvet roses., garden, thrift shop find
 A white lamp bought several years ago for fifty cents needed a bonnie bonnet.

And buy one I did.

Leather shade with velvet flowers.

Luscious!

Just going to look and admire it.









Quite lovely with her bonnie bonnet in the garden.

But no, she will come back into the house.

















A little like Audrey H. peeking through the blooms.















One last look before taking her inside.

Love the shade - distressed leather with cream velvet roses.

I have waited so long to find the perfect bonnet for her.

And there it was - sitting in the thrift shop!

Yes, someone made this shade and donated it.







From bonnie bonnets to bountiful buckets.

Look how much the speedwell has grown in a few days.

Got to go admire the lamp some more.

Wonder what she looks like with a light bulb?



See y'all!









Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 





Follow Me on Pinterest




Share Your Cup #97 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage 
The Cottage Market Presents Junkin Joe Every Friday 




We Call It Junkin GREEN wILLOW POND Savvy Southern StyleLavender Garden CottageThoughts from Alice

10 comments:

  1. Love that beautiful lampshade! I would love to make something like that. I'm going to be on the lookout for some shades that would work. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty! I bet it looks lovely with the light shining through it.I might have to make something like that when I find the right shade. Sometimes it feels like it takes forever to find just the right thing, but when we find it... it's so worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’re so right the lamp is so pretty. I love the flowers on the shade.



    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Donna ... that is one fancy 'bonnet' ... and love the lamp too. Looks great with your flowers, but know you can't leave it outside. Just bet it will look great with a bulb. You find the best stuff.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lampshade! I just bought an old lamp yesterday and so I'm also looking for a shade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Doesn't it feel great when you find the perfect thing you have been waiting to find? I have two brass lamps that I want to redo and they need shades but I want drum shades and do not want to pay the price they want in the stores. Hopefully I will find them one day! Yours is perfect for the base...:)

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shade is perfect with the lamp. Just lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you have been busy with all your garden cleaning and junk restoring! Love this lampshade! The flowers are so pretty. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely weekend! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lamp! The roses add a lovely touch! ~ Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!