Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Saddle Up!

saddle stands, horse blankets
If you visited over at Shop Talk 
  last Friday, you know I carry an odd assortment of items.

These are saddle stands.

Three of them.



Can't you see them in your garden with perhaps a potato vine or clematis curling about the curves?



The saddle stands have a wire rack on the bottom - perfect for a pot or three of flowering annuals.

A bit of rusty patina already.

 
Just wax before using outside.

Or perhaps at the end of a bed to hold quilts and blankets.



And speaking of blankets, I could not leave behind three woven wool horse blankets in three different styles.




I would be the first to admit the blankets were dirty.

Even Molly turned her nose at the smell.

Thanks to the blogger who posted about Awesome and hot water soaks for soiled fabrics, the blankets are clean and fresh once again.

(And if that blogger who uses Awesome on her vintage linens happens to read this post, please let me know.  I have lost the post with the directions!)



This is my favorite.

Yes, even this one with the leather front and back was soaked in scalding hot water twice.

Came out looking new.




(I forgot to take after photos!)




Willie was so excited at the saddle stands and the saddle blankets, he fell asleep upside down.

His favorite position!


See y'all!

******************************************************************
Drop It or Swap It
I am participating in Ann's Swap Meet at Tarnished Royalty.

Clever idea.  Just add an item to the bottom of a post that you want to swap.  The other people will look at your item and decide if they would like to swap.

Go over and see the guidelines for yourself.



Does anyone want three pairs of tiny elephants?


UPDATE:  THE ELEPHANTS HAVE BEEN SWAPPED FOR KEYS!  THANKS, ANN!  IT WAS FUN.  I WILL BE BACK NEXT WEEK WITH ANOTHER ITEM TO SWAP.




Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest


Share your Cup Thursday #99 
Thrifty Life Thursday #15 at Revisionary Life 
Be Inspired #186 at Common Ground 
The Cottage Market Presents Junkin Joe Every Friday   


We Call It JunkinLavender Garden Cottage

9 comments:

  1. I have never seen metal saddle stands...just wooden ones. Very cool! You find the craziest stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find the most unusual things! Do you think Awesome (whatever that is) would work on a soiled vintage bedspread? I believe it's just body oils. It was needle pointed by hand and I got such a great deal, but don't know what to soak it in. It's huge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Willie is a hoot! That's a great idea to use these as plant stands, good thinking, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that picture of Willie! Sadie likes to lay on her bed with her head hanging off...weird! The saddle stands and blankets are great. I would imagine they sell quickly. I need to go check out the swap post...sounds neat! Hope you're having a great week!

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do you find this stuff? Girrrrrrl. You are a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those saddle stands are great. My kids could use something like that at the ranch. I saw he had just stacked his saddles on top one another. Blankets are nice too since you cleaned them.
    Keep up the good work.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saddle stands in Aiken are not too strange me thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Willie is so darn cute! Sounds like you have come up with lots of fun uses for the saddle stands. I saw the keys you swapped for and I loved them! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. You DO have a varied assortment of cool things, Donna! Thanks so much for sharing at Revisionary Life Thrifty Life Thursday!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!