Saturday, December 20, 2014

Nesting In Pink



Sweet Pea Pink bookshelf, furniture painting, image transfer, The Graphics Fairy
WARNING:  This post has absolutely nothing to do with Christmas.

It is just another painting-in-pink post.


Sweet Pea Pink.

And a waxed paper transfer of a nest.

And some wire.




Remember this ugly duckling from several weeks (maybe months!) ago?

Everyone had passed by the wobbly bookshelf.









She needed exactly three screws, and she was right as rain.

Needed a good cleaning and sanding, too.












Since she is one of those utilitarian pieces, I thought I would dress her up a bit.

I used some of my hoarded Sweet Pea Pink on her.










Grabbed my favorite nest image from The Graphics Fairy.

Printed it out on waxed paper and transferred it to the top shelf.



Sealed it with a matte spray.

Gave the whole bookshelf a good spray of a clear varnish.







I used hardware cloth (which is actually wire) for the back.














And there she is - nesting in pink.

Not a thing to do with Christmas.

Unless you would like her as a present.









She is waiting for you at Riverfront Antique Mall - Booth W-10.

See y'all! 



See all the bottle brush trees at these posts:


Let The Bleaching Begin

Dying the Trees

Bottle Brush Trees on Corks

Bottle Brush Tree Joy

Bottle Brush Trees on Molds 

Bottle Brush Trees On Blocks  

Painted And Pearled 

Silver And Gold 

A Tiny Shake Of Christmas 







Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 



<




Follow Me on Pinterest


Vintage Inspiration Party #170
Feathered Nest Friday  

2013 Shab Friday logo



Savvy Southern Style

8 comments:

  1. How pretty! I bet she won't be waiting long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is that? Makes one wish for an early Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my world pink just makes everything better. lol. Practical pieces just become so pretty. Love the nest image, and I never understood why that wiry stuff is called hardware cloth... but it looks great as a backing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pink and thankfully my husband doesn't mind my love for all things pastel and pretty. Yep, that shelf would definitely fit right in at my house!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty in pink, Donna! You should have offered this as a pink lady post! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paint it Pink and they will come!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Donna ... adding the wire really added to the uniqueness of it.
    That is a pretty pink.
    Christmas Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would grab her up if I were there! Love the transfer!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!