Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Patisserie Bread Board


Waxed paper transfer, French graphic, The Graphics Fairy, bread board
Another transfer piece - a bread board with a French Patisserie image.

From The Graphics Fairy.








I did not take a photo of the plain bread board - it was wood and scratched.

A great size for a counter top.

Painted with two coats of Bermuda Sand.

A tiny bit of sanding for distressing.







Waxed paper transfer - see the links below if you have not read the first of this series on transfers.







 
Two light coats of a matte spray varnish.

A bit of clear wax on both sides.












Now ready for decorating your kitchen.

Looks great as a centerpiece for a table.

Have you tried a waxed paper transfer yet?






Next week I will demonstrate advanced transfers.

Interested in transfers?  See these posts:

French Angel
Waxed Paper Transfers

Le Poulet Side Table 



See y'all!












Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA15

SHOP HERE! 







Follow Me on Pinterest

Share Your Style #4
Share Your Cup Thursday #140 
Feathered Nest Friday
A Morning Cup Of Joe at The Cottage Market  
Party Junk #270  





Shabbilicious Friday - logo 400
  



Treasure Hunt Thursday

9 comments:

  1. I have been wanting g to try this forever and am trying to decide on a piece to do first. I'm sure it will be something for my new kitchen! Your tutorial was great. I'll share when I get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you redid the bread board.
    Turned out great! Keeping or putting in your booth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how that turned out! What brand of clear wax do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I think I just put my Grandmother's bread board in the Good will bin because it was broken on the end. I didn't even think to do this! What a great job! Thanks so much for sharing and for sharing on my Let's Talk Vintage party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty...and so many ways to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks cute Donna! I have not tried the wax paper method. Pinned and will try it sometime. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great transfer project!! You are on a roll my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!