Tuesday, December 2, 2014

When A Gray Bookshelf Is Just A Gray Bookshelf

Gray chippy paint, vintage bookshelvesI will admit to having grand plans for these two gray bookshelves.

But sometimes a gray bookshelf is just a gray bookshelf.

They are not twins - just close enough to go together.

I thought of a wash of a dark gray over the light.  

I thought about stamping some clever phrases on the two.





As I was cleaning them, I found this  old shipping label on the bottom of one of them.

So I decided to clean and sand.










And really that is all they needed.
















One had a white linen patina after sanding.













One had a purple chippy look.












A rose is just a rose ...

A gray bookshelf is just another gray bookshelf.

If I do not respond to your nice comments right away, do not fear, I am working on the new booth.  

Which I know you are quite tired of hearing about.

But I plan to continue to bombard you until the final reveal.


See y'all!

PS  Happy 61st B-Day to Me!  How did I get that old?











Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 



<




Follow Me on Pinterest

Dwellings-The Heart of Your HomeSavvy Southern Style

15 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I just turned 60. You're right, where did the years go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You're definitely not old in spirit and energy!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, and yes, where did the years go?
    I will be 71.......time does fly when you're having fun!!
    Waiting to see your new booth, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, girlfriend. Personally, I am not tired of hearing about your new booth. I just wish I could be there to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Donna. 61 is just a number.
    You are young, energetic, active and entertaining.
    Not tired of hearing about your booths ... just anxious to see what it looks like after you move in.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!!! The shelves look great and sometimes things just need a little pick me up and not a total makeover. I am so not tired of hearing about your booth. I wish I could be there to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Donna! I don't how we turn around and we're old. Sheesh. I don't mind except for the creakiness of my body. I rather like the mature me more than I liked the immature me.
    I like those bookshelves grey too!
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Miss Donna; Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!!!
    You are not old at all, You are only getting better with age like a fine wine!!! :-D
    I for one can not wait to see your booths, and what all you have done.
    Take Care!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, Happy Happy Birthday!! I wondered the same thing this year when I turned 60. How in the world did I get that age! LOL!! Have fun with your new booth and can't wait to see it when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cant wait to see the new booth it is going to be amazing with all the lovely shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute set of shelves you have there.
    I was going to say... nice set of racks... and boost your bday sails, but wasn't sure how you'd take that, since we barely know each other.
    so instead I'll just say, Happy belated birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a wonderful birthday Donna! Sorry I missed it. Looking forward to seeing the news space~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday! I'm on your heels at 58! Best wishes on getting your booth together. I am running late, so you may have finished by now. I will catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!