Saturday, November 23, 2013

You Don't Bring Me Flowers



 No, Chucks does not bring me flowers anymore, but he did bring me a vintage funnel which I love!

He knows me so well.

On this date in 1980, we were married at 4:00 on a Sunday.

Thirty-three years!



This is strictly a sentimental post.







This is supposed to be our first kiss after being married.

Let's be real - it was the fifth shot the photographer took.

BUT you cannot complain about free photos - they were a gift from the best man.



















I made my dress - a satin slip with a lace overlay.

Chucks wore a rented gray tux.

Must be a country song in there somewhere.



















 Did we know we had to sign an official document saying we were married by an official person?

No, but our friend married us and his wife was a bridesmaid.



















 We had agreed way ahead of time there would be NO cake tossing or shoving.

Just cutting.

And eating.

A friend made the cake for her cake decorating exam.
















And off we went . . .

And we are still going.

Sometimes in different directions, but always come back together. 

He still loves me.

Even though I am a junk queen.

I still love him.

Even though when I fell in love with him at first sight, he was wearing faded jeans with a monkey in a coconut tree embroidered up the leg.

I think I will keep him.

Only because I consider him vintage.

And slightly rusty.

And a bit crusty.

Just my style.

Love you, Chucks!



See y'all!







See all the bottle brush trees at these posts:


Let The Bleaching Begin

Dying the Trees

Bottle Brush Trees on Corks

Bottle Brush Tree Joy

Bottle Brush Trees on Molds 









Follow Me on Pinterest

The Cottage Market Presents Junkin Joe Every Friday
sunday show off linky party at twigg studios 



One More Time EventsDwellings-The Heart of Your Homeparty

14 comments:

  1. Hey, Happy Anniversary, Donna & Chucks! Love your wedding pictures but I like the one where you two drive off in the sunset! What a beautiful couple! You look like move stars! Ain't love grand no matter what form it takes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you both!! This was the sweetest post! Love seeing the dress you made! Gorgeous! So are you! Wishing you many more happy years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Donna and Chucks. Love this post and it made me laugh ... why you are keeping him ... "VINTAGE ... rusty, crusty and just your style" .. and of course, you LOVE him. Husbands that put up with our junk collecting and keepers.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! That's such a sweet post. Love the photos. I'm so happy to hear that someone out there is making marriage work...gives me hope~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best post I've read in a long time! Happy Anniversary, and best wishes for many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to you both! You look so pretty! I can't get over you making your dress, impressive. Wow, his jeans, ummm... intersesting, if you still had them they'd be worth some money in a vintage clothing store probably. I love the shot of y'all in the car, we took one like that, too and it was my favorite of the whole wedding. Congrats - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary to both of you! 33 years... how awesome! Great pics, and your dress is just beautiful. You both look so happy in that car pic... the beginning of the adventure of your lives together. I wish you and Chucks many more happy years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great anniversary blog post! Happy, Happy Anniversary. 1980 was a magical year. My hub and I were married in June of that year. Hugs, Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweetly said Donna. May you have 33 more happy years together. The shot of you two in the car is pretty lively. love, Olive

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss Donna; Happy Anniversary to you and Chucks!!!
    I hope that you are together for 33 more Happy, Healthy, Loving Years!!!
    Your Wedding gown is so Beautiful.
    Thank-You so much for sharing your Family photos. Take Care. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet post! Chuck reminds me so much of someone I know...:) You have always been a talented lady....sewing your own dress, gorgeous! Oh...and like you, I would rather have a man who brings me junk that I love than flowers that die. That just meanshe knows you oh so well! Blessings for another 33 bliss (and junk) filled years...:)

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!