Saturday, November 2, 2013

Fifteen Minutes of Shopping

 Yes, you read that right.  I had only fifteen minutes to shop for stuff today.  Chucks and I went out for breakfast, the football game was at 12 noon, and I had to go get some groceries because the cupboard was very, very bare.  (Which is why we went out for breakfast.)

Chucks declared he would drive me to ONE sale, and one only.  I could not put anything in the bed of his truck - whatever I bought had to fit behind the seats.  

AND  (very dramatic) I'd better remember the path we had to blaze through all my junk to get out of the house.

Really!?!

I chose one estate sale in a small neighborhood where families had lived forever.  I had seen the paper posters two days before when out and about, but no ads in the newspaper or online. 

AAAH!  A secret sale.  I love those.

I ran through the small house - lucky for me the family had everything nicely arranged, marked with prices, and helpers with bags in every room.  Plus the prices were very reasonable.

In the top photo is the Pepsi crate, the scale weight, the blue and tan cardboard suitcase, a red dictionary, and an old print of parakeets.



I also scored an almost complete encyclopedia set from 1936 - won't it look great holding ornaments at Christmas?  The pages inside are perfect for paper crafting - as long as you do not need anything after the PER volume!

The two star candle lanterns and the brass book rack are finds from Horror Monster.

Not bad for fifteen minutes, eh?

I had, like, two minutes left, but did not use them.

Chucks did complain about hauling the encyclopedia up the street to the truck.

He said all had to be cleaned, tagged and taken to the booth by Sunday night.

Honestly, he thinks he is the boss.  And I let him think that.



Speaking of Christmas ornaments,  have you been to Life On Willie Mae Lane to sign up for Vicky's ornament exchange? Go to the post here to read the simple rules.  You have until November 8th to sign up.  It sounds like fun.





See y'all!











Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday Show Off Party at Twigg Studios 

189th Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life 

Party Junk #212 at Funky Junk Interiors 


We Call It Junkin

9 comments:

  1. I let mine think he's the boss too! Nice haul Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Pepsi crate! I am a Pepsi lover...it has always been my favorite soda! Thanks for the shout out about the ornament exchange! I will be e-mailing everyone tomorrow asking for some basic information and you will definitely receive the blog address of the person you will be sending to! Have a restful night!

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shopping! And thank you for directing me to the ornament exchange. Di@Cottage-Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't take mine with me! That way I don't have a boss!! Then I just sneak it in a little at a time. I'm devious like that! You got some great treasures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's some pretty good stuff for just 15 minutes. Love those star candle lanterns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like my man ... so, I leave him at home. Like what you were able to get in 15 minutes.
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You did some flash shopping! You found some great stuff..but I'm holding out for the Low Country Crawl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great haul in just 15 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Donna! Don't you love it when you can still score even when you're rushed? Love that Pepsi crate! I saw some cool Canada Dry crates yesterday but left them, big money and had nowhere to put them anyway (they were big, milk crate size). Thanks for sharing this at the We Call It Olde Link-Up. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!