Saturday, November 9, 2013

Lavender Blue - A Button Jar



While sorting through an enormous button collection, I started making button jars with the enormous jar collection I have.  When I came across the box of various shades of lavender buttons, I knew these would have a special jar. 

Lavender blue, dilly, dilly!












 Dried lavender, lavender buttons and lavender lace gathered to fill the jar.













 


Ah, the lovely Arlette back for a second week.  This image of her taken directly from The Graphics Fairy for a tag.  I had to give her an aura of stars.  

Lavender stars, of course.













All the elements are snugged tight in the jar.

The smell is heavenly.














Arlette is attached with lavender French seam binding.

Notice I gave her a lovely white millinery flower for her bonnet complete with a pearl hat pin.

Nothing is too good for Arlette.

 Tuck lavender sachets in your bed for sweet dreams.

See y'all!




















Follow Me on Pinterest

Button Crafts at Mums Make Lists
sunday show off linky party at twigg studios 
190th Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life 
Brag Monday at The Graphics Fairy 
Fabulously Creative Friday at Jennifer Rizzo 
Party Junk #213 at Funky Junk Interiors 

One More Time Eventsvif187

9 comments:

  1. As soon as you said dried lavender I thought that must smell good! Arlette is having a wonderful time in all her lavender glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! I bet that jar smells as fabulous as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaah. Wonderful. Loved your photography. Love the buttons and lavender.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love buttons in jars. Your lavender ones are so pretty. New GFC follower, hope you'll visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous jar and photos are lovely. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's goo to see Arlette again, she certainly is lovely! I have discovered over the last couple of years that I love the scent of lavender, which I previously could not stand! Your button jar is darling, but i could have gone a lifetime without having that song stuck in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I love lavender! It is so pretty and the smell so relaxing. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays! x

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!