Friday, May 5, 2017

Friday Finds


vintage finds, estate sales, antique plaster/wood cabinet
Treasures to turn your head this week.













 From the most mundane ..

Bed springs - excellent for displays.















Steps so I can reach the new kitchen cabinets if they ever arrive. 













A basket with two foreign language textbooks.












An old canvas bag found under a workshop table at an estate sale.












Containing three signal flags.















 
A red and white enamelware pot holding ...













A pile of 1950's era girl's dresses.

In my delight at finding these, I quite forgot I would not have a washer for at least three weeks. 









Framed porcelain tiles.














What really turned my head was this very old cabinet - probably pre-1900's.

Very distressed.















I have carefully brushed the dirt from it.

















Next step is to stabilize the plaster..

See how she turns her head?

That is the handhold to open the door.








Maybe a spice cabinet?













Must save the patina.


















A quick tip:  use a foam brush to dust books.

Picks up more than a brush.









We have headaches from listening to reciprocator saws tearing out most of the kitchen, laundry room and pantry.

It is actually exhausting having other people do the work.

Who  knew?

Promised photos of the demolition to follow.

See y'all!






Due to construction, I will be unable to set up at the annual Magnolia Ridge Antiques and Art Gathering. However, I will definitely be a shopper!  Hope to see you there.






Follow Me on Pinterest


11 comments:

  1. Wow, Donna! I have never seen a cabinet like that before. That is a beautiful old piece! Love those old flags you found in that tote, too. You found some great things!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the woes of living through a remodel! It's stressful to say the least but just keep thinking of how wonderful the outcome will be.
    I love all of your finds from those cute little vintage dresses to the bucket, but that cabinet is the show stopper. I love it.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cabinet is amazing Donna! That construction looks like it's no fun but having a new kitchen will be! The little vintage dresses are so cute! Take care and let's hope we can plan our get together soon. I have my church rummage sale on the 19-20 but after that maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna....I think your awesome cabinet is a pie safe. And good luck with the remodel...I know it is a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the step stool and the roundness of it. Those signal flags are pretty nice, too. The little girls' dresses...Ahhh...I remember ironing those when my girl was little. What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, that cabinet! It's beautiful!
    Y'all hang in there....it'll be over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cabinet definitely looks old! What a find! I can hardly wait to see your kitchen...I know you will be glad too! LOL! It's no fun living without a kitchen...I remember. Have a great weekend and happy junking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the signal flags & the cabinet is awesome! Are you keeping that? If not, you can give it to me...LOL. See, I have my hand stretched out. I even like the little girl's dresses too. They are sweet. What are you going to do with those if you do get a working W/D? Awww, your kitchen will be done before you know it & I know y'all are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the flags and that cabinet!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!