Thursday, May 11, 2017

Little Dresser - Grain-Sacked!


painted furniture, Mod Podge, grain sack label, distressed dresser. makeover
Okay, okay, I keep referring to this dresser as having THREE drawers.

I finally noticed after reading comments and emails, there are FOUR drawers.




These dressers are great for beside the bed, by your sofa, blah, blah, blah - you've heard me extol the virtues of these cuties many times before.






Like the brown dresser yesterday, once I sanded it, I decided not to paint it.

Cute Samuel De Champlain grain sacks bags by Tina of What We Keep.







Even though all the back of the house furniture and household possessions are in the den and living room, I still found a space to Mod Podge. 

The old kitchen table.






Image downloaded from the Graphic Marketplace on Etsy (Found here).

A grain sack label.

Offset to allow for the handle.

Remember to get those lines straight.





Larger image on the top.

Followed by two coats of satin craft varnish.















Hope to find yet another small dresser.












The top drawer has a neat organizer built in. 















It can be found at Riverfront Antique Mall in Booth W-10. 











It needs a home.





















One last look at the label.


We are surviving the renovations - more posts coming this weekend.



See y'all! 









Want to keep up with our kitchen renovation? Read the series!

Kitchen Reno - The Day Before

Kitchen Reno - Day One - Demolition

Kitchen Reno - Day Two

Kitchen Reno - Day Three  











Due to construction, I will be unable to set up at the annual Magnolia Ridge Antiques and Art Gathering. However, I will definitely be a shopper!  Hope to see you there.






Follow Me on Pinterest


9 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the little trays in the top drawer (of which there are 4!) I hope things are going well with the reno. Hugs and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Donna! Hello to Samuel. ;)
    I'm a big fan of the top drawer with those dividers- very handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rustic French look with the grainsack pattern! I'm sure it will sell quickly! xo Kathleen | Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute look. I would never attempt it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! You'll sell that soon! No way that's going to languish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, both dressers turned out adorable! I am sure they won't last long in your booth.

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What kind of paper do you use to print the graphics on when you use them for furniture?

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!