Saturday, May 6, 2017

Kitchen Reno - The Day Before

kitchen renovation, preparing for demolition
Last weekend Chucks and I spent three days getting the kitchen area ready for the contractors.

Chucks unscrewed over three hundred screws to remove hardware from the doors and drawers.

They are now for sale in my booth.




The handles are vintage brass barley twist with a Tudor rose design. 

I plan to paint them gray or nickel or a combination of the two.

This is the pantry from the fridge to the door to the hall.






Pantry from the hall door to the fridge.

I use these cabinets for paint and tools.

They will be replaced by taller cabinets in the same footprint.

Refrigerator will be moved to the left to center it with a small stack of drawers unit between it and the wall.







The long galley kitchen.

We are keeping the same layout.

Just changing the cabinets.

The laundry room door is visible beside the fridge and Chucks.

All of the soffits are going away.

This set of cabinets will be reconfigured.





The sink and appliance side of the kitchen.

Stove, sink and dishwasher will be in the same place.

No upper cabinets on this side.

Those crazy crooked lights will be removed and replaced.






This doorway from the kitchen to the breakfast room will be removed for a cased opening.

I like to call it an arch, but of course, it is really a square.







 


Looking down the kitchen to the breakfast room.















The breakfast room formerly the hideout of Horror Monster will keep its knotty pine paneling.

The checkerboard flooring will be removed.









Were we prepared for Demolition Day?

We certainly thought so.


See y'all!














Due to construction, I will be unable to set up at the annual Magnolia Ridge Antiques and Art Gathering. However, I will definitely be a shopper!  Hope to see you there.






Follow Me on Pinterest


5 comments:

  1. You must be so excited to start!

    I love that you are selling the hardware at your booth. I'd expect nothing less. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have done a great job to be prepared for all this. I know you are going to love your new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those crazy crooked lights would have made my eye twitch!

    "Were we prepared for Demolition Day?

    We certainly thought so." I feel a saga coming on! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is so exciting for you and Chucks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with everything, Donna--can't wait for the big reveal :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!