Wednesday, May 10, 2017

French Label Dresser



furniture makeover, Mod Podge, French label, dresser
Time out from the renovations to show off two paint projects involving small dressers.

The first is this brown one with three drawers.

And a French label.







One of you recommended this Etsy shop to find lovely clean and crisp images. 

Go over to Graphic Marketplace (HERE) to find images that are quickly downloaded after payment is received.





I sanded the dresser to paint, but then decided I liked it brown.















Found the perfect image to download and print.

Used Mod Podge to adhere it to the drawers.









The trick to the paper sticking in the milled groove design is to put the Mod Podge on the surface of the wood and not the paper.

I place the paper in the grooves first checking constantly to keep the image level.

Also I let it sit for at least 24 hours before adding a top layer of Mod Podge.








I used a larger image on the top.

Followed with two coats of satin craft varnish.













I offset the images on the drawers so the handle would not completely cover the image.









It quickly sold.

Which made me happy!

Another small dresser tomorrow.








See y'all!



Want to keep up with our kitchen renovation? Read the series!
Kitchen Reno - The Day Before
Kitchen Reno - Day One - Demolition
Kitchen Reno - Day Two 
Kitchen Reno - Day Three 







Due to construction, I will be unable to set up at the annual Magnolia Ridge Antiques and Art Gathering. However, I will definitely be a shopper!  Hope to see you there.






Follow Me on Pinterest


8 comments:

  1. Donna, that is splendid! I just love it. I may be copying that idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The offsetting really made it special and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really do such a good job on furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Donna this is beautiful. How pretty and unique.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very unique...you have great ideas, Donna. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Donna. No wonder it sold so quickly.

    hugs,
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a unique creation, no wonder it sold so quickly!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!