Friday, April 28, 2017

Friday Finds

primitve furniture, vintage finds, downsizing
My Friday Finds this week are from Horror Monster.

Downsizing is getting harder - I am down to things I loved at one time and may love again.

Like this primitive rocking chair.

You notice one side is askew.

I have had it for about twenty years.

It has held my Santa collection, toolboxes, dolls, and stacks of quilts.

Off to the booth where I hope it will find a loving home.


This school desk - once green - sat in my aunt's house for her grandchild to play school.

Then it was passed on to me.

It sat on the front porch for years.

I brought it inside to hold a collection of vintage reading books.

Off to the booth where I hope it will find a loving home.






The red and blue shelf was painted by me way back in 1993 when we completed the first kitchen renovation.



No room for it in the new color scheme.

Off to the booth where I hope it will find a loving home.





A chainsaw folk art tree.

I used to have a small bear - long since gone.

Off to the booth - blah, blah, blah.









I have not had this school desk for more than five years.

I no longer have a need for it.

Off to the booth - blah, blah, blah.



 

This wrenches my heart - I am not sure I can part with it.

I am driving around with it in the back of my truck.

A primitive plant stand used in the dining room for ironstone displays.

Off to the booth - you know the rest.






The red bench I made from a cornice board many years ago.

Used for my cookbook collection.

Willie slept under it.


He keeps looking for it.

Off to the booth ...


The only thing I bought this past week - a picnic basket.

The easiest thing to send off to the booth.

No emotional attachments.

There are a number of estate sales this weekend.

There is only a bit of space in the house.  Most of the kitchen is now in the living room.

Monday the appliances will be moved to the dining room.

I will post details of the renovation.

My word for May is TRUST.

(Thanks, Olive!)

It is a hard one.


See y'all!



Due to construction, I will be unable to set up at the annual Magnolia Ridge Antiques and Art Gathering. However, I will definitely be a shopper!  Hope to see you there.






Follow Me on Pinterest


14 comments:

  1. Oh- I am downsizing here, too, Donna. It is NOT for the faint of heart. I hope your treasures find new people to love them. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the big day is almost here...your kitchen renovation! Congrats for getting rid of all that stuff from Horror Monster! You'll be glad you did...I think. Can't wait to see the new room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hard to let those things you love go, but if they find a new home it will be OK?? Yes it will. Let's be positive. So excited that your kitchen reno is about to begin. TRUST is a good word for May! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a school desk that we used at the old house for a TV on top and a DVD player inside. That was quite a handy way for us to use that. Yours could be used that way, too. For the life of me, I can't figure out where it is or if we still have it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are really doing this downsizing thing. Good for you! I might have found it very hard to get rid of the red bench that you made. It's fabulous! I'm sure all these things will find wonderful new homes. Looking forward to your kitchen reno. Trust is a good work for every single day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is hard. I am beginning this process myself! Looking forward to seeing your kitchen soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure each item will sell!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be in your boat before too long with the new house. It needs LOTS of work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So proud of you sending things off to the shop--I feel [slightly] inspired to do the same :) So happy for you and your upcoming renovation--it's going to be great, I'm sure--

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you love having the booth to take all that stuff to? What a great way to pass stuff on to others.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is hard to move out things that you are attached to for various reason. Good job on letting go. I need to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Somebody will love your old pieces. Maybe not as much as you do right now, but they will come to love them as much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're being so brave letting those piece having a new home!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!