Saturday, May 13, 2017

Friday Finds On Saturday

downsizing, vintage finds
My brain is mush from the pounding and the dry wall dust.

I forgot to post a Friday Finds post.

Here it is.


I am proud to say I have not purchased anything in two weeks.

Everything is from shopping my house.

Like this green metal market tote.

And a white baby's quilt with the sweetest animals appliqued on it.


Since the color scheme in the new kitchen is very different from before, off to the booth with blue stuff.

Like the rack for drying herbs. (And, yes, I did hang bundles of herbs to dry on it!)

And the door harp.





The washboard spice cabinet has stayed around through three houses - bought back in 1976.










Oak shelf found in the attic of our first house together.

Used to hold enamelware cups.













A side table created from a black suitcase on an iron table base.

It was old when I bought it 30 years ago.

So this idea of a luggage table is NOT new.

 

I will admit it has not made the trip to the booth, but maybe it will.

I have become downright dangerous on downsizing.

There are pieces of furniture and other collections trembling in the corners hoping they will not be next.

See y'all!




Want to keep up with our kitchen renovation? Read the series!

Kitchen Reno - The Day Before

Kitchen Reno - Day One - Demolition

Kitchen Reno - Day Two

Kitchen Reno - Day Three  











Due to construction, I will be unable to set up at the annual Magnolia Ridge Antiques and Art Gathering. However, I will definitely be a shopper!  Hope to see you there.






Follow Me on Pinterest


7 comments:

  1. Funny!...."There are pieces of furniture and other collections trembling in the corners hoping they will not be next."
    I KNOW what you mean about "brain turning to mush" while the reno is going on...ugh, it's hard to be there when they start banging around.

    BTW, love the suitcase table!
    So cute. Interesting that it's not a new idea like we all thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to see the things you've had for ages and that they are still popular! Love that shelf and green metal market tote!! Hugs and I hope the pounding is over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna I wish you lived closer to me I would have some great treasures for you as I am sorting and letting things go. Happy Saturday and Happy Mom's Day tomorrow.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, renovation can definitely make you forget the day it is and even your own name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have shelf you used for enamel cups and the green metal market tote. Like I need more "stuff", lol. But to me when it comes to my "stuff", it's not a matter of need, it's a matter of want for future vignettes. Don't have room for stuff as it is.
    We have small house, no garage or basement, just 2 sheds, one of which is chuck full of too much stuff which needs to be thinned out, purged. Were going to do that in earlier Spring but had colder weather and too much rain. Every time I get inspired ready to tackle shed it rains and wind is blowing so hard can barely stand. In Summer too hot to be out in it. Let's see, any more excuses I can find? All true but still excuses.
    Hope your renovations will be done soon to have peace, no more drywall dust and new rooms. Have wonderful week if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm wondering what your new color scheme will be for the new kitchen. Do tell! {shoulder's okay; just got back from Colorado}

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!