Wednesday, June 12, 2013

June Junkin'


 I saw sun today - all day.  It did not rain.  I repeat, it did not rain.  So I was able to dust off some of my treasures to show you what I scored over the weekend - finally.

Who could resist this bear's delightful smile?

Well, not me!









It was so hot and humid by the time I got home today, I was not able to unload the three furniture pieces in the car and get them painted.

Here is a sneak peek.

I will reveal them as they are made over and properly distressed.

A table, a cabinet, and a bookshelf sit waiting.






 Love the lacy goodness of this not-so-old-but-looks-it crocheted twin spread.

Tempted to use it, but I took it to the booth.  

May bring it back.

We'll see.

Chucks' new rule:  If it leaves, it does not come home!

So not fair!




 I like to read decor books and fell for this one with all the chairs on the cover.

A 1968 Better Homes New Cook Book makes a great shower, wedding, birthday, housewarming gift.

Everyone needs one!











 The framed stars is a rag punched piece - great colors.

A pocket Webster's Dictionary.

A plastic Daily Loaf filled with scriptures to read each day.

Tooled leather vintage purse.

Do not shoot me - I plan to paint it.

I promise most of you will adore it.








 A huge stack of pink striped storage boxes.

You are well-aware of my storage problem, but these are just too pristine and girly for me.

Do not shoot me - I plan to distress and stain them.

I promise most of you will adore them.














 I found Mr. Bear at a yard sale where the mother was selling her children's art projects.

Now I am not a mother, but I would not be able to sell the handmade bear.

Well, actually I could and have put a bow tie and a concho belt on him and sent him to the booth.

He is a handsome fellow.

I thought he would look cute sitting in the blue wagon.  See wagon here!

The wagon had gone to live at a new home.

I found him a blue basket to sit in.

He is very happy!





Chucks had a light bulb moment when I was taking this photo.  He said put a ruler in the basket to show how large those bulbs are.

So I did.

He was right.

Then Chucks said put price tags on them and take them away.

So I did.

I hope he was right.




My niece, Leia, came for a day of lunch and shopping.  She came with a cute gift.  

Two homemade aprons - one pink gingham and the other blue gingham featuring girls in frilly aprons.

When you flip up the skirt, they have matching undies.

Too adorable!





There you have it - a true June Junkin' with several interesting items - some yet to reach their full potential.  I am getting there, folks.  The next few days will be filled with pruning and painting.  Don't tell Chucks, but there might be shopping involved, too. Come back again.

See y'all!






Follow Me on Pinterest

I'll be over at Donna's Funky Junk Interiors for Party Junk 191 all weekend long!

vif187Photobucketcraftionary

9 comments:

  1. I may sound crazy but while I'm looking at your stuff I'm thinking of what I can do with them. Love the extra large light bulbs. I think I saw someone turn something like that into solar lights. And I really like those storage boxes just as they are. But you can make me proud in turning them into something fabulous! Cute bear! Do have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen such cool lightbulbs! The aprons are too fun! That Leila knows her stuff, and it looks like Chucks is still working on your "less" resolution.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to make over those pink boxes?!!! Oh well, I know whatever you do will be fabulous! Love the light bulbs, and those aprons are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the handbag. PAINT????? Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those light bulbs are too cool! I love the Edison bulbs everyone is using these days. The boxes will make excellent storage and while they are cute now, I can't wait to see what you do to them. How could a mom part with that sweet little bear! I'm way too sentimental!
    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Donna ... you always have the most interesting finds ... and you get them ready for your shop so quickly. Just love the crochet bedspread ... they make beautiful curtains or table scarf. Can't go wrong with that one.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh the bear is precious. That Chucks is too:}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some great finds! I have some huge light bulbs like that-they're so fun!! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see the painting and distressing that comes from those treasures in the back of your car! Don't make us wait too long:-)

    I've never thought of painting a tooled purse before. I am curious to see how that turns out too. I may just have to try it on one of the ones I have laying around.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!