Monday, July 27, 2015

Thrift It Goodies


thrifting, makeovers, blog fun
Tania From Little Vintage Cottage 
(HERE) had this idea to ask a few blogging buddies to participate in this fun adventure.



We were to go forth and thrift shop, gift the goodies to a blogger Tania selected, and then do a makeover or two on the items.

Vicky - Life on Willie Mae Lane - http://lifeonwilliemaelane.blogspot.com/
Kim - Snug Harbor Bay - http://snugharborbay.blogspot.com/
Kimberley - Seaside Ave. - http://www.seasideave.com/
Donna - Distressed Donna Down Home - http://distresseddonnadownhome.blogspot.com/
Cecilia - The B Farm - http://www.thebfarm.blogspot.com/
Tania - Little Vintage Cottage - http://littlevintagecottage.blogspot.com/




We decided to let it be a secret who had our name until the box of goodies arrived.

This week a large box was sitting on my doorstep waiting to be opened.

It was from Kim of Snug Harbor Bay. 

Man-o-Man!  Can she stuff a box!?!









I had to take three photos to show all the goodies.

Now, Kim, you do know that shiny bright sifter will not stay that way.

Love the grater and the keys.





The tiny baking pans and porcelain knobs have my head filled with ideas.







Love the graphics on these soda bottles.

MacFuddy - hmmmm - I think he lives here!











A sweet note from Kim.

A rolling pin.

Two silver ladles.

Four dolly pins.

An one very interesting pie tin.



We have a couple of weeks to repurpose these items. I have several ideas brewing about combining them.

Come back when we reveal the facelifted items!



See y'all!














Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA15

SHOP HERE! 







Follow Me on Pinterest


Vintage Inspiration Party #199
Feathered Nest Friday 



I'd love to have you join in my link party  

18 comments:

  1. I'm excited! I cannot wait to see what you do with these items. Kimberley has some awesome stuff also. I need to check out the other ladies to see what they have and what they are going to be doing with the items. This is so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun! I know you will knock it out of the park!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and fun idea! I can't wait to see what you do with your goodies. Love the pie plate and those sweet little baking pans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed the items - can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, great items and a lot to work with! Looking forward to seeing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you got some good stuff too! I love.love.love the porcelain knobs, and the bottles are like nothing I have ever seen before! Love the pie tin too...ah heck, I love it all! ;)
    This is gonna be good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimberley! I am sure I will have fun thinking of recycled projects!

      Delete
  7. I cannot wait to see what you do with those fabulous items from Kim. You go girl I know it will be great.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! She sure does know how to pack a box! It'll be fun to see what you come up with.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun challenge! I am so excited to see what each of you do with your goodies. You have a plethora to choose from! Love it all.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I will be sharing my goodies soon and look forward to some transformations! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I popped over from Vicky's blog to see what you received....looks good, can't wait to see what you do with your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see what you do with your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see what you come up with! I know it will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Donna, in the few short weeks since I subscribed to your blog, you have become my favorite blog!! I love your style and you always leave me with a smile and even a laugh or two! You have a great writing style that helps enhance your blog posts! Now as to the subject of this entry, Wow!!!! that was some box full of treasure! I can't wait to see what you do with all of that wonderful loot!! I loved the soda bottles the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments, Sheryl! I cannot find an email address to thank you personally.

      Delete
  15. How fun Donna. Can't wait to see what you come up with!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vitamix Pro 750 Blender is the world’s most powerful Blender that comes with a powerful motor capable of blending up to 6 cups of food at once. You can use this Blender for making smoothies, soups, sauces, salad dressings, and much more. This Blender is perfect for blending ice cream, frozen yoghurt, milkshakes, dips, sauces, smoothies, margaritas, and much more. If you are looking for a good blender, Vitamix Pro 750 is a great choice as it is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used in many recipes. It has an 800-watt motor and stainless steel blades that blend in various fruits and vegetables. It is easy to clean and maintain because it has an auto-shutoff feature, which makes it safe to use.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!