Sunday, October 5, 2014

Thrifty Tidbits

Vintage tablecloths, thrifty finds, tool caddies
A thrifty tidbit platter for you this beautiful fall Sunday morning.

I warned you yesterday I had gone shopping, shopping, shopping.

I also completed several projects.

It will take me several hours to photograph the finds so I will whet your appetite with these.

A lampshade because the craze to strip them naked then add torn cotton scraps has hit here big time.

I'll let someone else do the work.

Vintage index cards.

The Wonderful Wendy saved me some button cards.

Two wooden boxes which of course will not stay this way.



Bunny cake molds - not for long!

Can't resist cigar boxes.











I have amassed quite the collection of platters.

I want to do a platter wall at the booth.

Found some $2 hangers at HL.

Can use a coupon.





I would have to go every day to get enough cheap ones.

I might better think of the gas to get there.




Lucked up on four vintage tablecloths.

The pink fleur de lis on linen is my favorite.

The black and red is quite graphic.








Thought I had two vintage Christmas tablecloths.

And some random lamp pieces.











The sign says Park Lane - it is red and green, but looks more fall.















Especially when several panels feature a scarecrow.

Riverfront Antique Mall customers I am selling these for $5 each - they do have stains.  I am not washing them because some of you like to do your own special magic on the linens.









An unusual tool caddy - another paint project.















 
Another tool caddy - another paint project.

I liked the wide frame on this mirror.

Yes, yet another paint project.










A stack of peat pots.

A box of addition flash cards.

A two-drawer file cabinet.

Did you notice the lovely roses ruffled sheet under all the items?

It goes quite well with all the other rosebud items I have collected over the last three months.

Better go heat up that iron.

Or find something else to do to delay the ironing.

I really despise ironing.

Remember to come over and link your posts to Make It Monday tonight at 7PM Eastern.  We love the company!

See y'all!






Remember Riverfront Antique Mall is looking for vintage vendors, crafters, and artisans for the Holiday Extravaganza.  Applications must be completed by November 3rd.


If you are in the Georgia/Carolina area, you may be interested.

Go HERE for the details!  

 












Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 



<




Follow Me on Pinterest

Monthly Sunday's Best #67 Party
Thriftasaurus #106 
Share Your Cup Thursday #121 

 


Dwellings-The Heart of Your HomePhotobucket/The Dedicated House

10 comments:

  1. Great finds Donna! If I lived closer, I would be purchasing the 2 drawer file cabinet from you. I t looks like the two I have. Don't know what it is about file cabinets, but I love them! Of course, the flash cards are a favorite too! That red and black tablecloth is very unique....I like the bold graphics on it. I look forward to seeing all your other finds soon! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds, especially the tablecloths. My sister and I are going to have to plan a visit to the antique mall. We don't live that far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a naked lamp shade at the flea market a while back and have yet to do anything with it. Just waiting for inspiration! Can't wait to see the makeovers on all that fabulous junk.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many awesome finds! I wish I lived closer to you (not just because you don't get snow!!). I'm on the hunt for recipe cards and I know I could put tool caddy #1 and that Christmas tablecloth to use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shopping, Donna! Seriously liking the bunny molds (can't wait to see what you do with them...) and platters. You've reminded me of all the painting I was planning on doing when it got cool. Haven't tackled one yet :/ I did make a card and two pedestal stands last week, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna ... you will be busy for quite a while with all those neat things. I just know you have some exciting make-overs planned for everything. Love the red/black tablecloth.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks Donna.........keep busy and have fun!!
    Made it to Tennessee and getting settled in the cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vivid reds in those tablecloths. I could just kick myself because I missed getting a larger metal filing drawer at a yard sale yesterday. I meant to get it and got distracted and someone else picked it up just before me. Oh I just hate it when that happens. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore those bunny molds. Now what are you going to do with them???

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing all of your finds Donna, and I especially love to see the transformations! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!