Thursday, October 2, 2014

Frozen In The Fifties

vintage toys and finds, Dakin Dream Pets
It was a house frozen in the fifties.

I never left the basement.

Heavy on pics because I loved everything I bought.

Two Navy duffel bags from the forties.




 A homemade Eeyore.













There were tables and tables of toys.

A tiger from Japan.









A red mouse -  Dream Pets by R. Dakin.

The tag also has The Imposters.  Clues anyone?       










 A rubber bunny that squeaks.















A chalkware Wimpy - Popeye's buddy - probably a carnival prize.














A whole stack of crocheted items from poodles to doll jackets.

The plastic bag holds Eye Of God (Ojo de Dios) medallions.










 Sweet tiny mittens.
















A patchwork doll blanket.

A charming stuff animal obviously made by a child.












There were framed photos of the dolls wearing the crocheted jackets.














Two tiny aprons - one is for Christmas.











Barbara's suitcase.












 
A box filled to the brim with doll tea sets, linens, and utensils.

I could not photograph them all.









A tiny embroidered tablecloth and napkins for a doll table.

I just missed getting the doll table - it sold when I walked up.






Some utensils were aluminum.  I have seen eggbeaters this size, but never a meat grinder.

The plastic spoons are the official Dairy Queen spoons.







Several partial tea sets of aluminum.











Embossed designs.











Love this fleur de lis set of plates and saucers.

Tiny egg cups and S&P's.









 A roll of admission tickets.















 A little red wagon.













 Nine foot ladder.
















A Spartan ladder made by the Carolina Ladder Company in Charleston, SC.











A  broom.

Tiny.












For dessert I went to a barn sale.

Bought a huge mailbox, a rake head, a blue tackle box.









A tiny funnel and a brass numbered tag.

So theme of the day was fifties and tiny.

Not bad.

I am still sorting through it.



See y'all! 



Remember Riverfront Antique Mall is looking for vintage vendors, crafters, and artisans for the Holiday Extravaganza.  Applications must be completed by November 3rd.


If you are in the Georgia/Carolina area, you may be interested.

Go HERE for the details!  

 











Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 



<




Follow Me on Pinterest

Thrifty Things Friday #21 
Thrifty Life Thursday #38
Monthly Sunday's Best #67 Party 
Thriftasaurus #106 


 Photobucket/The Dedicated House

21 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh what finds! I love the duffel bags. I haven't gone thrift store shopping this week and your post is making salivate! Maybe I'll go out today, Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOhhh Donna! What great buys.... We could never shop together...we love the same things..... You had a great day...Love the goodies from the barn.

    Happy Hunting!

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a haul Donna.........love it all!
    Going to do a little pickin' this morning myself.
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, man! What an awesome sale. Did you go back more than once?

    What are your plans for the mailbox? I picked up an great old one at a church sale this summer and still haven't done anything with it. The last name is handwritten in the most wonderful handwriting along the side and I don't want to change that. I bet I can find a million ideas on Pinterest but I thought I'd ask you first :-)

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. "For dessert I went to a barn sale." Love it!!! Um, the framed photos of the dolls....creeeeeepy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This photo-heavy post was not photo-heavy enough. I was mesmerized. The first sale: basically you could have been morphed back in time and were at my house when I was a kid. Please tell me the story of that sale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very exciting finds, Donna. I have a fondness for tiny aluminum tea sets. I played with one at my Mamaw's every day that I was there. The duffels....ooh aahhhh! I'm with Cheryl....tell us more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can just see you having all that fun digging through stuff and finding such sweet treasures. I bet you got stuck in time and hated to leave. Love the wagon.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love aluminum and little tea sets, but I've never seen little tea sets made of aluminum So sweet. Love the blue tackle box too. So many great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the finds from this sale. It is hard to pick a favorite. I am always drawn to the toy dishes and utensils. I have never seen a mini meat grinder. I would have been stuck in the basement, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun day, Donna! Loving those Navy bags and all the doll accessories. That meat grinder is pretty amazing.
    Take care--

    ReplyDelete
  12. What amazing finds! Love all the doll dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How do you ever find these! I want the ladder and the wagon. I have been looking for a vintage wagon. Cool finds! Won't be there this weekend. Mr. H is taking me to the mountains. I can't believe. He texted today and said, we can get the mountain cabin this weekend, do you want to go. Duh! Yeah! See ya in a few.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would've loved to have been there with you, amazing finds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that era...and through the 70's then time can stop there for me! followed you from Etcetorize linky!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness what fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think that your mini meat grinder is actually for making french style green beans. I have my in with the play dishes too.
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  18. I remember those spoons! Donna, your love and respect for these vintage items really shines through...and I love that you love them so, and find them good homes. :) Thanks for sharing at Revisionary Life!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Truly wonderful, awesome, amazing finds!! Thanks for sharing @ TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I gasped when I saw homemade Eyeore. What a find!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!