Sunday, June 10, 2012

Tag-tastic!

On rainy days (which thankfully we have had) I turn to the On Demand channel to watch TV shows I have missed and work on lap projects. This week it was time to catch up on two of my favorites (please don't judge - I don't say anything to those of you who watch Bachelor!) Eureka and Lost Girl from the SyFy channel. I think it is sad the channel used to be branded SciFi for science fiction, but analysts found out too many of its viewers could not pronounce that and did not know what it meant.  I don't know what it means that I am a viewer.


So I as I was watching the crazy scientists of Eureka battle big government and the strange and often terrifying Fae creatures of the world of the Lost Girl. I sat making sweet beribboned Victorian tags!

I started with images from Karen over at the Graphics Fairy.  I printed them out on the antiqued ivory 110lb. paper I prefer. It has a lot of body and is easily Mod Podged and otherwise abused.  Then using TPC, The Paper Studio, Inkadinkadoo, and Stampabilities stamp sets with my trusty StazOn ink I stamped and embellished with French seam binding, baker's twine, and tulle.  I got my gold Sharpie paint pen involved, too.  It was a party on the sofa.  Willie lay in my lap under my lap board and Scout sat at the other end coming over to give me a messy kissy now and then.  (Those who are not the usual followers, Willie and Scout are my dogs - there's nothing kinky in this post!)

Above is the image of the little Victorian girl on the beach with her pail.  I have used her many times.  This time I over-printed with a script stamp in hot pink and a small seal. On the back are two ornamental bars and the word "play".  Baby blue French binding ribbons were attached as ties.




Here are pink and white hydrangea overprinted with sepia script with the backs sprayed with Tattered Angels mist (candy apple) and stamped with a sepia dragonfly.  (My second favorite insect, the first being bees!) These tags were given pink French binding ribbon ties.





The next set of tags I printed on white cover paper with the black dress form image. I usually print the images for tags at nine images per page.  Probably should of said that earlier. but I am sure you did not run go print images before finishing this post.

I used pink tulle pinched together and secured with a heavy-bodied gel medium to attach like a skirt on the dress form.  The back of the tag was stamped with an all-over pattern in hot pink.  Thin black ribbons were used as ties.


Then Scout ate the spool and dragged ribbon all over the den with Willie in pursuit!  I need to get everything back in place and throw them out in the rain.  (Not really - Scout does not like for his feet to get wet!)

I had these zebra card images hanging around from an earlier project making thank you cards.  I punched a hole and added black and white baker's twine.

The vintage photo images were left over from my bike rental sign project. They are antiqued with a squirt of walnut ink stain and tied with brown French ribbon.





 (Notice how I started out saying "French seam binding ribbon" and have now shortened it. I may just write "FSBR")


Two featured here:
 Pink rose tags overstamped with script with the back stamped "beautiful" and some bees and tied with pink FSBR :>D

Vintage French Ferris wheel stamped with sepia stars and "FUN" on the front and back.  Tied with brown FSBR!







 Last, but not least - THE CROWNS!

I have been trying to think of a big project using these images, but while I am thinking, I will use them as tags. I chose three of the crowns Karen has available.

Overstamped with gold script.





Stamped the back with "QUEEN" and a stamp of a bee.

Used my gold Sharpie paint pen to edge the front and back of each tag.
Tied each tag with gold sheer ribbons and a piece of black tulle.  Very Royal!


You may notice they seem to be in a cardboard box.  If you craft with small parts and small dogs, grab some of those box bottoms at the grocery store and line with waxed paper.  They are excellent for just about everything.  I even put one under the trash can to catch the small pieces of junk my husband cannot seem to get IN the can!



A small confession.  while outside late yesterday, a neighbor stopped to tell me of a yard sale a couple of blocks over with a bunch of sewing notions and fabrics.  Yes, I broke my vow for a two dollar bag of tulle, net, organza ruffles, thread spools, and bobbins.  Just one small bag, well, a medium bag, well, okay, it was a large bag, but I have almost put all of it away.  You see I have so much space under the guest room bed!

Visit again if you dare.  There is a ton of stuff here to share.  (How just plain outright corny is that!)

See y'all!


Follow Me on Pinterest  . It's OVerflowingVisit My 1929 Charmer Blog!”SweetThe Graphics Fairy The DIY Dreamer {Primp}shabby creek cottagebuttonFunky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialSixSistersStuff.com

1 comment:

  1. I love your use of vintage images for these tags. They're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!