This has been one beautiful day! First the weather was sunny and just right for early morning painting. Chucks and I took Willie and Scout to Petsmart to arrange a "beauty" day for them on Friday. Willie has finally put on some weight (people will no longer think we starve him!) so he was fitted for a new harness and new leash. They were ready to move in because the cashier kept giving out biscuits!
But most special was an email from Tamara from Etcetorize. Her emails are always delightful, but this time she was giving me the Sunshine Award! I was so excited that I completely forgot I have zero computer skills and could not move the award picture to my blog. No worries - Tamara to the rescue. She posted a comment and sent an email with a simple-to-use tutorial. I know, you are thinking how does this person manage to write and post a blog? Well, I do it for the pure enjoyment of writing and sharing my painting and art projects. I honestly thought just my family and friends would read it, and I am overjoyed that others find it amusing, too.
The Sunshine Award promotes bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere. To be worthy one must answer ten questions so others can know a little more about you and pass along the award to ten other bloggers.
Here goes - Information about Distressed Donna Down Home that I can tell you and not kill you after!!!
!. Favorite color? Turquoise (distressed, of course!)
2. Favorite animal? Dogs of any size. shape, color, or disposition! I love them all!
3. Favorite number? Nine - do not know why - has no significance to my life, but I have always liked its shape and its sound! (Maybe its the Southern drawl making it two syllables!)
4. Favorite drink? I'm Southern - easy-peasy - Iced sweet tea with lots of chopped lemons.
5. Facebook or Twitter? I don't even know what a twitter is! I do have Facebook and now use it to keep up with my nieces and friends, but actually Willie, my dog, had Facebook before me that we did not know about. He was the featured canine at our local dog park because of his silly antics! I opened a FB account just to keep up with Willie!
6. Good book or good movie? I am just finishing Duma Key by Stephen King - love it - had it for months until the right time. The book I reread the most? The Secret Life of Bees. I am also a lover of Eudora Welty and Sue Monk Kidd. There is always two books in bed with me- one to read and a spare in case I need it. I don't go to movies because I can't stand talking during the movie. The last one on TV I liked was Midnight In Paris. I also like zombie movies for some insane reason!
7. My passion? Mixed media art and writing. I love collecting old postcards, letters, and photographs and displaying them in artful ways.
8. Giving or getting presents? Actually it is wrapping presents. I think that the way a gift is presented is the major part of the present! I even wrap purchases I send out to my eBay customers!
9. Favorite day? I love lazy Sunday mornings with a big fat newspaper to read with crossword puzzles.
10. Favorite flower? Hydrangea - deep blue and purple ones. I have one poor pathetic one who has suffered through 15 years with me. I have moved it several times - it just does not like my yard! I have to mention Queen Anne's Lace because of its delicate beauty.
Now I want to pass this award to bloggers who have inspired me.
Here is how this award works:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them
- Answer the above 10 questions about yourself
- Select 10 more bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they’ve been awarded the Sunshine Award!
- Don’t forget to copy and paste the award on your blog!
Kelly Eclectically Vintage
Tammy Homespun Happenings
Liz Quirky Vistas
Aimee ..Twigg studios
Nancy The Headmistress
Danni Silo Hill Farm
Thanks to all of the above and many. many others who have inspired and supported me during my first 3 months of blogging.
And by the way, for those who do not know there really is a Distressed Donna. There she is standing in the driveway garden. I was able to produce this beautiful picture using Pic Monkey, but have yet figured out the whole button thingy. I'll get there eventually. There's distressing to be completed - gotta run!