Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Dr. Danni And Paint Therapy For A Pumpkin

Happy Thanksgiving Season!  I'm Danni from Silo Hill Farm blog and although I've been on a looooooong break, I'm happy to be here at Donna's blog sharing a little Thanksgiving project.  Since you probably already have enough to do this Thanksgiving, I'm keeping this one elegant and simple.  (Or is it quick and dirty?)
painting pumpkins, guest post, Danni Baird

So I had found a sad and lonely pumpkin at the Dollar Store a few years ago for almost nothing.  Really, it was like 35 cents because it was after Thanksgiving and it had an ugly chip in it, and it had some seriously ugly metalness going on.  I forgot to take a picture before surgery, but here is a post-surgery shot.

Yes, it was just a bit much with all it's shine and funky green metal.  It was begging for a surgical date with my wire cutters, STAT!
Then it had a date with Dr. Valspar, our leading plastic surgeon, who taped off it's stem and gave it a big shot of less shiny color.
Better no?
But apparently, it's so hard to stop once you go down that plastic surgery road.  So back into the operating theater it went.  This time with Dr. Krylon, who specializes in metallic alterations.  Again with the painters tape.
Now here's a little pre-surgical advise.  You want to make sure that your paint has cured before you go taping it up for another round under the gun, hitting that stem up with some silver prettiness.

I was pretty sure it was, but still, some paint came off of the pumpkin, which made it just distressed enough to make an appearance here on Donna's blog.
Remove all of the bandages and.......
Really, this was such an easy project, so keep an eye out for a sad and willing surgical victim after the holidays...or perhaps you already have one waiting in a box of decor somewhere.
A couple of years ago, I made this lovely project for less than $2 and posted it on my blog.....
Thanksgiving Inspired Picture
 Donna, who knows I tend to tear apart my projects and repurpose them for something else, emailed me and asked me to please NOT do that with this project.   Because I love her and because she said please AND to avoid the urge to dismantle, I packed it up in a box and sent it to her.  I hope it's safe now!  LOL!
Stay tuned tomorrow and I'll be back with one more last minute Thanksgiving project that does not involve the spray paint doctors, but does involve some  more elegance.
Thank you Donna for letting me get my blogginess on again and do a guest post for you here!


Oh, thank you, Danni, for stepping in to do a Thanksgiving post while I am busy moving my booths.  The little Thanksgiving girl lives on in my house in a place of honor!

See y'all tomorrow when Danni returns!







Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 



<




Follow Me on Pinterest

35 comments:

  1. What a quick and easy project. I'll have to remember this if I find any lonely castoff pumpkins this year. It is just distressed enough to make an appearance here...:) Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky! Sad and lonely pumpkins should be in abundance starting next week!

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy to see Danni back in blogland! She did a great job reviving that injured pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute transformation and welcome back, if only for a short while! Have a Happy Thanksgiving and we'll see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gail! You know you have been inspiring me for so long, almost since the beginning! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

      Delete
  4. Welcome back to blogland Danni! What a great quick and easy transformation. Gotta love spray paint. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tuula! It was easy and you know....I gave serious consideration to pink! LOL!

      Delete
  5. Way to rescue that sad little pumpkin Dr. Danni! So nice to see you in action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! You know I could not be inactive for too awfully long!

      Delete
  6. Fun! Danni & Donna- Feel free to stop by my house, where there are about 72 cans of spray paint just waiting to provide some surgical support. Can't find my house? It's the white lump next to the snowbank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better be careful! I've been trying to get Donna to go on a road trip with me and tempting her with paint and me with snow is dangerous!

      Delete
  7. I love me some Dr. Valspar! But Dr. Rustoleum makes my heart skip beats! LOL!
    Great job Danni! So happy to see you posting! I'll definitely be calling on you to post over at my place. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ma'am and you know I'll be happy to post for you any ol' time! You've inspired me to start on my Christmasness!

      Delete
  8. That was the most intriguing post title! Great way to transform the sad pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You can count on Donna for some interesting titles for sure!

      Delete
  9. Donna ... you picked the right person to guest post for you. Enjoyable post.

    Funny post Danni and love how you saved the sad and lonely pumpkin.
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Audrey! I cannot hardly stand to see a sad pumpkin! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

      Delete
  10. Aww so good to see you back Danni. If I ever need a facelift I know where Ill be coming thanks DR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel! Come anytime! I have an operating theater reserved for you. Okay, it's really just a bar!

      Delete
  11. You're cracking me up with all the medical references! Dr. Valspar, indeed! He has saved many a life. I love that you sent the turkey girl to Donna. You are sweet like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...and still I managed to NOT include body parts...like some people I know seem to do! Thank you and you know I love you!

      Delete
  12. Well Dr. Danni, you brought that sad pumpkin back to life, and in a glittery, blingy way. And to think it didn't even have to fill out any medical forms or pay a copay. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny Doreen! I wish I had thought to mention that in my post! Thank you!

      Delete
  13. Great to see a post from you Danni. I see now you've been on a blogging break because you've been training to be a surgeon - great work, and it looks like your first victim is extremely happy with his new look !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona! It was good to see a post from you recently as well! Now if I could just make a surgeons pay! LOL!

      Delete
  14. YAY DANNI! I'm glad you're still doing your thing. Let me know when you post again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Kirby! I cannot help but do my thing. Posting here again today as a matter of fact!

      Delete
  15. Missed you Danni!! Everything needs some love and care to stay beautiful. Always love what you do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too Deneen, but will be seeing you this summer! Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  16. So happy to see you in blogland again and giving me some ideas for things to look for in the stores this weekend. Thirty-five cents plus a few dollars is my idea of a fun decorating budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Baye! Have you done that chalk board yet???? LOL!

      Delete
  17. So glad to see a post from you, Danni. That cast off pumpkin patient never would have made it with out some paint and your medical adeptness, LOL. You always know how to spot the most charming vintage holiday artwork like the Thanksgiving girl. I remember your Christmas tree girl, too. I'm sure D-Donna loves bringing her out in the Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So great to see you here, Danni! Wonderful job...you're a great surgeon! I am so glad this one will always stay as is....in the safe hands of Donna!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!