Thursday, June 12, 2014

Whee - The Peach Tree 23



Peach Tree 23 Yard Sale event, long yard sales, vintage finds, rusty stuff
Whee!  Every year on the first Saturday of June, there is the Peach Tree 23 Yard Sale event.  

It is forty-four miles down State Highway 23 from Batesburg-Leesville, SC to Modoc, SC.

I have never made it all the way from end to end - just too much and too hot!

I had a short list and vowed to keep to it.

I wanted farm fresh - straight from the barn - rusty, crusty delights.

And I found them.

I purchased the old scissors and rusty hook first thing.

They are for decorating - not using!  (Chucks!)



I would love to say I never pass up these vintage metal shelf units, but I did leave one behind because of the price.

This one was a deal.









A galvanized sorting tray - quite long.

Missing dividers, but ...
















It has the numbers handwritten down the sides.











Old wall-mounted cupboard in pink, green, and white.

The door will have to be sanded so it can close.

Yes, that is a glass knob on it.

You have sharp eyes to spy it under all that paint.

I had metal milk crates on my list and found two.




You can't make up patina like this.

Yes, I do see all the dirt and spider webs.









A lovely black straw bonnet with beautiful millinery flowers bedecking it.

No, I did not buy the head.

I bought the head before I thrifted before I went yard saling.

It's a long story.






All three items on my list -

A rusty wheel.

A rusty can.

A typing table.

Check, check, check!








On the list -

A wooden ironing board.

Enamelware basins.

Check, check.









In Ward, SC, we spied doors and windows.  

(Or at least I did.  Chucks was trying to drive fast through the traffic so I would not see the old doors.  How silly of him - he knows I have door-dar!)





I only bought one - you can see why.

Blue patina!

YAY!

How funny is that guy showing his wife who was driving down the highway things she might want.









My favorite find of the day was this stack of tin ceiling tiles.

Both rusty and crusty.

Only need a little dirt removal.

Patina is perfect.



How far did we travel?

About twenty miles.

I had a mostly filled truck and had checked off many items on my list.

Plus it was 10:30 and the fog was burning off.

Sweltering heat ahead.

We went home to relax in the AC.

We are wimps.

See y'all!



Use this discount code to receive 10% off your purchase at the Distressed Donna Etsy store:

DISTRESSEDDONNA14

SHOP HERE! 








Follow Me on Pinterest

Thrifty Life Thursday #22 at Revisionary Life 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage 
The Cottage Market Presents Junkin Joe Every Friday
Thrifty Things Friday #5 at Melissa's Antiques 
Party Junk #243 at Funky Junk Interiors 
Coastal Charm: Show and Share Party #217 
Thriftasaurus #911 at Sir Thrift-A-Lot 

  



Shabbilicious FridayFurniture Feature FridaysThoughts from Alice

23 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower and a junker myself.
    What great finds you have and in such a short time!
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo this sounds like it was a ton of fun!! I am loving EVERYTHING you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't imagine the length of this huge yard sale. Wow, don't know how you could make a list with all the choices or junk to see. Surely there were fabulous items you saw and couldn't resist. An event like this would have me in la la land if I were a junker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't need to go far. You did good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Door-dar! LOL!!!! You made some great finds. Now...did you convince Chucks to stand out near the road and show you things as you drove by??? I love that rusty wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No need to go now, you got all the treasures!!!! Great finds, all your choices are fabulous!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am awed....What a fantastic series of finds! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHEE ... you did good Donna. Love the old typing table. That is a lot of ground to cover and so many things to temp you. Good that you stuck to your list. Anxious to see what you do with the blue door.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  9. A couple of weeks ago I was saling with a friend on a particularly lazy Saturday morning. I told her that 'they' should invent drive-thru rummage sales. You, my dear, have come upon the closest thing to this. The woman with the husband that holds things up for her is one lucky lady. I would tell you you have a good eye but we have already established that. THAT is a given.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Door-dar - I laughed out loud. And that guy showing his wife....too funny. Twenty miles - that's pretty good! Love that door, selling or keeping?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Oh my goodness, so many great finds!
    I wish I could find sales like this where I live.
    Thanks for sharing with us!
    Have a great weekend,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What great finds Donna. The patina on that door is fabulous. Love the enamel basins. I'd love to do the Peach Tree some day. Sounds like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still hating that I missed it this year. I love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw the blue door in person in your booth yesterday(I bought two metal thingies). It is pretty. I love the ceiling tiles. You are so methodical you teacher you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that wonderful door! I think I would have driven the whole way. Too excited to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We do not have any sales like this where I live and I am pea green! I don't think I would do well in the heat either! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how I wish we had sales like that around here! Such great finds and how lucky to have found so many things on your list. I love the metal milk crates and typing table the most. That clear head is really cool...:) Have a great weekend...Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  18. my kind of dream day!! Love that naturally distressed old wood cabinet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The rusty, the better. That's my mantra!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  20. If I was to say, make a stop by your town, would you take me junkin with you. Girl I would never want to leave, you find the best stuff! I'm so freakin jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok, I am still thinking about how cool your finds were. Would love to get my hands on some rusty crusty ceiling tiles. Thanks for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Donna,
    You sure did find some find some wonderful treasures. I would have been in heaven finding all those goodies. Thanks for sharing at my party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. From one rusty crusty love child to another...AMAZING finds! Thanks so much for coming to the Thrifty Life Thursday link party at Revisionary Life!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!